Collingsworth ?

Rate this topic

mml4

46 mins ago, Riverboat33 said:

Collingsworth may have talked himself out of a job.

I hope so

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

(*edited - member formerly known as 'windknot')

he sucks worse than giants fans. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

3 hours ago, iphish said:

Please read the rules....JJ was not a runner, he was a receiver. Different set of rules for each type of player. Erst made 2-3 strides and was not going down he was considered a runner, if a ball breaks the plane and you are a runner- its TD. Read the rules

Yes I'm aware of the rules. Thats why I said the rule is garbage and needs to be changed. Those 2 plays were both TDs. The main difference between them was that Ertz was further from the goal line when he caught the ball. James caught the ball and dove over the goal line. Ertz caught it and took 3 steps, then dove over the goal line. You're telling me that is the difference between a scoring play and an incomplete pass. The rule allows that to happen, but I'm saying that there should not be a rule like that. Plus the James play was ruled a TD on the field. Someone in New York decided to change it. That situation should be addressed also. 

42 mins ago, Redneck Tourist said:

That situation should be addressed also.

Best way to fix that is to get rid of the automatic reviews. Allow a coaches challenge as long as the team has a timeout to burn if unsuccessful. Would allow for overturning truly blown calls without micromanaging everything from NY.  

I'll have mine on the rocks.

2 hours ago, Redneck Tourist said:

Yes I'm aware of the rules. Thats why I said the rule is garbage and needs to be changed. Those 2 plays were both TDs. The main difference between them was that Ertz was further from the goal line when he caught the ball. James caught the ball and dove over the goal line. Ertz caught it and took 3 steps, then dove over the goal line. You're telling me that is the difference between a scoring play and an incomplete pass. The rule allows that to happen, but I'm saying that there should not be a rule like that. Plus the James play was ruled a TD on the field. Someone in New York decided to change it. That situation should be addressed also. 

Erst would have run into the endzone if the defender was there. He was a runner by definition in the rules of a catch. The pther catch rule is for a reciever  ( non runner) weyher its the goal line or out of bounds sideline, its all the same. Hold tightly on to the ball when you or "it" touches ground, control the ball. Even if you are out of bounds. James just like Dez made a mistake by not doing so. the lost control of the ball by the rules definition. Bad coaching and disapline by the player.

1 hour ago, iphish said:

Erst would have run into the endzone if the defender was there. He was a runner by definition in the rules of a catch. The pther catch rule is for a reciever  ( non runner) weyher its the goal line or out of bounds sideline, its all the same. Hold tightly on to the ball when you or "it" touches ground, control the ball. Even if you are out of bounds. James just like Dez made a mistake by not doing so. the lost control of the ball by the rules definition. Bad coaching and disapline by the player.

Well you're just saying that you think James didn't catch the ball. You're seeing the play as just 1 move where he lost control  during the process of the catch. Thats not what I see when I watch that play at all. I see him catching it, then turning towards the goal line and diving forward. The turning and diving part should make him the same as a runner and rule should have applied the same as in the Ertz catch. Running and diving are both football moves, or should be. I have never agreed with that rule since it started. I still think the Dez Bryant play was a TD......or should've been. This is a rule that takes the game out of players hands and puts in the hands of refs and geeks sitting in New York with instant replay on one screen and the vegas odds on another. I don't watch football to see that crap, I wanna see players making plays. 

10 hours ago, mml4 said:

Anybody else find Collingsworth in the tank for the Pats? I thought it was a great game but his commentary was horrible.

Marc

BTW didn't mean to hi-jack your thread with the catch rule thing. As far as Collinsworth, I can't stand him. He is the most biased announcer on TV. He sometimes calls Steelers games and, as a former Bengal, he hates Pittsburgh and its pretty obvious. Last night even my wife mentioned something about his comments and shes a Pats fan. Thats pretty bad.

8 hours ago, Joe said:

Collingsworth = Brent Mussburger

Not as bad, but insufferable nonetheless.

He needs to go...and take Al Michaels with him. Horrible.

Romo stays...maybe bring in Sean McDonough from espn. **** espn.

Edited by Zomboyd