James Bowie and the Sandbar Brawl

Rate this topic

hunter4623

Yup eviscerated the Sheriff!!

When Bowie died at the Alamo his Mom's said "dollars to donuts my son  did not have any wounds in his back".

Ever read about James Black the Blacksmith that made Jim Bowie's knife?

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin

I love the art of blacksmithing but I don’t know if I fall into the enthusiast category.  That said, I’ve had a few knives made by custom knife makers. I actually just lost one in the woods while trapping.  It was attached with a dangler and I must’ve popped the button going thru some thick stuff.   I’ve tried to rewalk my course that day on 3 different occasions but haven’t found it.   Very expensive mistake lol. I designed a companion blade to go with the one I lost. That one is used just for gutting game.  Small and handy. Top edge is sharpened halfway back.

AA6B5672-CAA4-4FDF-8E93-B1BE6B4F4A32.jpeg

3 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

That’s a unique looking skinner..., hollow grind? Or is that a trick if the light 

Seems to be more of a flat grind with a slightly convex edge but I really can’t say for certain.  I strop it a few times and it’s a razor.  Scary sharp.  I’m extra careful reaching into the carcass to cut out the esophagus. 

1 hour ago, BLT said:

No friends with a metal detector? Rent one maybe to find it

I actually lost it when some snow on the ground.  I retraced my footsteps that day and never saw where it dropped.  It was pretty thick in spots, crossed a few deep ravines with water in them too.  I’ll head back there again and keep looking.  The sheath was black so it should stand out.  I hate dangler sheaths and this is exactly the reason. Damn things flop around and you don’t notice them. 

Jeepers did I defecate in your thread by pointing out Norris Wright the man that tried to kill Jim Bowie before this "brawl",  the man Jim Bowie killed at this "brawl", was also the Sheriff of Rapidies Parish La.at the time?

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin