FunkyBunker

February 2018 Fishing Reports

176 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2018 at 0:09 PM, bdowning said:

crowded_fishing_nj.jpg

Wow, I hope that pic was from a fishing benefit or competition?! I thought these things only happened upstate on the salmon when everyone is snagging each others ears..

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, adoboboy said:

Wow, I hope that pic was from a fishing benefit or competition?! I thought these things only happened upstate on the salmon when everyone is snagging each others ears..

IBSP ... Black Friday, 2011. 

Edited by PhilCVG

4 hours ago, PhilCVG said:

IBSP ... Black Friday, 2011. 

It sure looks like Black Friday lol!

Posted (edited)

On 2/2/2018 at 11:28 AM, BordnBeachBill said:

when it dries up down here I would like to see a post saying"blues in brigantine", but apparently that might be too informative.. 

When you've been here a while you won't need to see specifics spelled out to know where the fish are.

Lot's of guys here fish in fairly small numbers of places, based on the person reporting you have an idea of where the bite is

But you have to know the players to be able to decipher it.

Stick around, get involved, fish with some of the guys........

Edited by Sudsy

8 hours ago, Sudsy said:

When you've been here a while you won't need to see specifics spelled out to know where the fish are.

Lot's of guys here fish in fairly small numbers of places, based on the person reporting you have an idea of where the bite is

But you have to know the players to be able to decipher it.

Stick around, get involved, fish with some of the guys........

Sounds good, thanks, sorry if I sounded short..

What's the magic # for things to break this time of year?  This is my first spring being this involved so I don't know what to expect, where, when etc?  I know the WHERE is always NEED TO KNOW only, but yeah.  Bored here down south and getting the itch...

I hear ya, same here. I keep buying stuff from the BST to keep myself sane...I really need to stop...I moved over to the beach buggy section and now I want a 4x4......

Lmao yup, we’ll all be on a “what’s the best beach tent” thread soon if we’re not careful lol

On 2/2/2018 at 0:09 PM, bdowning said:

crowded_fishing_nj.jpg

:laugh:  Look at all the sharpies with their fancy gold reels (and some black ones).  Money well spent!

11 mins ago, Moose said:

Lmao yup, we’ll all be on a “what’s the best beach tent” thread soon if we’re not careful lol

Oh, I'm way ahead of ya, I already bought one lol....not good.