IcedFlounder

Recommendations for a May/June trip

12 posts in this topic

My buddy is getting married second week of June, so we want to do a private charter for part of his bachelor party. Any recommendations in New England area? We’re from MA but we’re willing to take the drive. Would really want to target trophy fish, possibly a tuna trip even. 

A couple of years back when my buddy got married we did a trip to Montauk. We fished we drank we ate it was a great time. That was also in June 

I have had good luck in Montauk on the charter boat "Montauk", the captain "Mike" is good and his son crews for him.

Google :   Charter boat Montauk

Most of my buddy’s surf fish so we surf fished most of the time and drank lots. A charter is a good way to go get your friends some action then lots to do in Montauk 

Same here hydra surf fish 95% of the time...but wanted to do something a little different, wanted to go after big tuna but i think late may is a little early for them but i honestly dont know. so im turning to SOL for help. If its too early for tuna, then we dont mind going for stripes

Might want to run over to Block... great place to party and the fishing in June is cranking up.  Lots of charter options

little early for tuna, they sometimes do show up south of MV in june. i would go with real deal, riptide or coastal sportfishing for the P-town topwater striper bite. 

Make it a boondoggle. Fly from BOS to PBI and fish for albies off of Palm Beach. By that time we will have the low teens fish in and you can fish them near shore in shirt sleeves. You can target bull sharks too because wherever the albies are, the sharks will show up. 

All manner of hotels and other lodging, great food, good bars and fishing grounds are within several miles of the inlets. 

Not cheapest alternative but catching a half dozen or more teen albies on light gear or fly rods will make for a great day. Toss in a 300+ pound bull shark and the day is done. 

Just my $0.02