Bfishes333

Is anyone else having a problem with pop-ups on SOL?

38 posts in this topic

21 mins ago, TimS said:

I apologize, it is a pain in the ass. There are two companies monitoring every ad that is shown here trying to keep up with the never ending "you won" popups that are getting through many large advertising networks these days. It seems like as soon as they shut down one network another one pops up :blackeye:

But they are working on it...we are working on it...Google is releasing a new version of Chrome that won't allow those type of popups...that will be a BIG help in stopping them :th:

TimS

Sweet, thanks for the info. At first I thought it was just my phone but then I realized it only happened when opening SOL which is like every 5 minutes haha :)

On 1/29/2018 at 4:01 PM, TimS said:

I apologize, it is a pain in the ass. There are two companies monitoring every ad that is shown here trying to keep up with the never ending "you won" popups that are getting through many large advertising networks these days. It seems like as soon as they shut down one network another one pops up :blackeye:

But they are working on it...we are working on it...Google is releasing a new version of Chrome that won't allow those type of popups...that will be a BIG help in stopping them :th:

TimS

Every time you sign on to SOL you get these pop ups.  What else is happening is they are getting your e mail address and now getting all these e mails from all different places. 

These pop ups were a problem for me, but I fixed it by deleting safari and replacing it with google on my phone and haven't gotten a pop up since.

Still getting these stupid pop ups on every page. It's been over a week now. It's only this website and they are making it run so slow.  

Keep getting pop ups on SOL on my phone too. Thanks for posting this as I thought it was one of my apps that was causing it. Very annoying. Hope it gets resolved soon.

I just searched for Ad Blockers in the Apple App Store via my iPhone 8 - there's a lot of them - any recommendations of ones that work well?  OH