Bfishes333

Is anyone else having a problem with pop-ups on SOL?

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This happened to ALOT of guys a couple months ago. I downloaded a free pop up blocker from the App Store on my phone. I’ve never had an issue again. It was extremely aggravating for me. It was so bad I couldn’t even come on SOL because it kept redirecting me.

Edited by Pma531

Thanks pma531 I remember when tbat happened but it never affected me then. If its allowed can you point in the right direction for the app you downloaded or pm it to me. Thanks.

i had same thing this past week on my phone - only when signed in and on 4G not wifi

i did verizons security sweep, downloaded a cleaner, went through my apps but everything seemed clean

I think uninstalling then reinstalling my web browser ended up fixing it

good luck

3 mins ago, GraniteStRockfish said:

i had same thing this past week on my phone - only when signed in and on 4G not wifi

i did verizons security sweep, downloaded a cleaner, went through my apps but everything seemed clean

I think uninstalling then reinstalling my web browser ended up fixing it

good luck

Thanks. I will try an app out and if that doesn't work I will delete the browser. 

I had a few occurrences last week as well.....and it seems to have gone away on its own since then.  It doesn't happen on any other sites-so I figured it was site related-not software/ap/browser related.

I apologize, it is a pain in the ass. There are two companies monitoring every ad that is shown here trying to keep up with the never ending "you won" popups that are getting through many large advertising networks these days. It seems like as soon as they shut down one network another one pops up :blackeye:

But they are working on it...we are working on it...Google is releasing a new version of Chrome that won't allow those type of popups...that will be a BIG help in stopping them :th:

TimS