27conch

Marabou

16 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, Local66 said:

Buy 4oz packs. It's dirt cheap.

From Where

try waters west - great shop.  They do a lot of their own dying of materials and anything I have received has been great quality.  They have Spey marabou which has longer fibers.

20 mins ago, dbflyfish said:

try waters west - great shop.  They do a lot of their own dying of materials and anything I have received has been great quality.  They have Spey marabou which has longer fibers.

Nice, just checked em out, lots of stuff !!

On 1/27/2018 at 0:26 AM, FyshhTrap said:

From Where

Pretty much anywhere. I get mine through a distributor, no better/worse than any of the other suggestions made so far. 

49 mins ago, Local66 said:

Pretty much anywhere. I get mine through a distributor, no better/worse than any of the other suggestions made so far. 

I was looking for very long Marabou when I asked this, yes marabou is found Every where but hard to find extra long length, I have a couple of shops near me that supply most of everything I use but I'm always telling them where I buy my hard to find stuff. LOL

12 hours ago, FyshhTrap said:

I was looking for very long Marabou when I asked this, yes marabou is found Every where but hard to find extra long length, I have a couple of shops near me that supply most of everything I use but I'm always telling them where I buy my hard to find stuff. LOL

I get it. I've never tied a wooly booger, and it's not likely that I ever will. I'm palmering it on streamers, and regardless of the size of the packs I buy, typically 75% of what I buy gets tossed in the trash. You have a better chance of finding a Bigfoot or an honest politician than a distributor of flawless maribou. 

You have a better chance of finding a Bigfoot or an honest politician than a distributor of flawless maribou. 

I recently sent out to Britain to buy some material, it cost more for shipping than the product but.. I got what I wanted and I was Really happy !!

On 1/31/2018 at 9:25 AM, FyshhTrap said:

You have a better chance of finding a Bigfoot or an honest politician than a distributor of flawless maribou. 

I recently sent out to Britain to buy some material, it cost more for shipping than the product but.. I got what I wanted and I was Really happy !!

Well there you have it. English turkeys. 

If you could find out where the Vegas Show Girls get there supply of Marabou and Ostrich Herl  you will have what you ask for.