Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billybob

RIP Warren Miller

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Warren Miller once said if you put Killington on top of any mountain out west you would have it as good as it gets .RIP and thanks for all the love you gave to sking and riding 

Edited by TheKnot

RIP 

We used to amp up to his films (on VHS - yeah it was a while ago) before heading up to the ski house.

5 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Skiing is a cool hobby. 

I went a lot in HS and College - it was a blast. 

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

RIP 

We used to amp up to his films (on VHS - yeah it was a while ago) before heading up to the ski house.

Yup, me and my ski bum friends back in the day. I recall there was a small, local cable station back in the later 80's up in VT and NH that ran his films 24/7. We would ski hard all day, come back, eat a huge meal, have a few beers and melt into the couch to watch Miller films until we dozed off. We would get up the next day, and did it all over again! Good times! 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Yup, me and my ski bum friends back in the day. I recall there was a small, local cable station back in the later 80's up in VT and NH that ran his films 24/7. We would ski hard all day, come back, eat a huge meal, have a few beers and melt into the couch to watch Miller films until we dozed off. We would get up the next day, and did it all over again! Good times! 

I lived that life for a couple winters too.... was a ski instructor/bartender at Glen Ellen in VT (now Sugarbush North).... best time of my youth without question....

The things that Miller would do to get a shot were nothing short of spectacular..... see if you can find a few of the behind the scenes clips...

Edited by fmtuna

23 mins ago, bospa357 said:

I've never been a fan of his brother Steve's music. :shrug:

What about cousin Glen's stuff?

4 hours ago, JMB said:

What about cousin Glen's stuff?

Glen's stuff, although dated is more palatable than Steve's. Maybe cousin Glen can play at the funeral. Oh, wait................I guess Glen "retired" :airquote: from the music biz. :laugh:

9 hours ago, iphish said:

........... Greg Stump...........

License and Blizzard........ Still the best two ski films ever...........