TroutGhost

Cheapest Rod You Use that is Badass?

82 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, SigTauSherman said:

I was really surprised with my penn prevail 11'.  Casts great, can handle heavier jigs and still throw small lures to schoolies.

I wasn't surprised at my prevail[winch rod] 10 ft 1-4,I throw 5 with it and it performs great always.

HH

On 2/7/2018 at 0:15 PM, SPQR70AD said:

The only thing I saw go wrong with Ugly Sticks is the guides sometimes fell out but the new ones have one piece guides. does anyone know if their big surf poles  and Tigers have switched to one piece guides?

The new Ugly Stik Big Water and Tiger Elite rods have the one piece guides.  There are still plenty of the old ones out there as well.  OH

I have a 7' Ugly stick I use for Whiting, anything close in the surf. The rod is great, has great feel. Love it.

Truth be told, and I know it'll sound funny, but I love my little dock demon combo. It fits in a suitcase, the reel works fine, and I've caught some nice fish on this 30" rod. Some people have actually posted online about 20 pound fish they've caught with it. It's crazy!

I also really really like my daiwa samurai combo-$20, and its landed everything from bluegills to bass to bunker to bluefish