Types if fish near route 50 bridge

Rate this topic

fishguts430

On 2/2/2018 at 3:20 PM, fishguts430 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I did some researching on google maps and found a place called Solomon's island. I might try there. Seems some Salt water fish move up in through there

Why go that far. Learn how to fish the Chester River. Has everything you want. But I wouldn't target keeper flounder, you will probably be disappointed. Stripers/rockfish, Blues, Yellow Perch, White Perch, Catfish, and even trout in the cool weather months like Oct. Nov. OH, I forgot, Pickerel in some of the creeks, like Queenstown Creek. I lived there and fished the Chester River for about 30 years. Good Luck!

6-27-17 (6).JPG

7-7-17 (3).JPG

Hi fishguts430. I am a Jersey guy that was relocated to Maryland for work. Last year I really started focusing in on the Kent Island area and have had some success with Stripers and White Perch. I think I have more to learn. Leaving home water after decades was like a total fishing-knowledge reset!

I did catch a flounder there in Kirwan Creek near Goodhands Landing this past October. The salinity was up. I suspect there are more flounder in Eastern Bay than most folks realize.

If anyone wants to hook up for some trips this year, I'm in. I mostly prefer fly fishing, light tackle, and this year will add some crabbing effort. Here is a picture of the fluke that hit a Rattletrap!

I drive a Solo Skiff.

20171007_103948_HDR_small.jpg

Edited by Biggie
Typo

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Hi fishguts430. I am a Jersey guy that was relocated to Maryland for work. Last year I really started focusing in on the Kent Island area and have had some success with Stripers and White Perch. I think I have more to learn.

I did catch a flounder there in Kirwan Creek near Goodhands Landing this past October. The salinity was up. I suspect there are more flounder in Eastern Bay than most folks realize.

If anyone wants to hook up for some trips this year, I'm in. I mostly prefer fly fishing, light tackle, and this year will add some crabbing effort. Here is a picture of the fluke that hit a Rattletrap!

If drive a Solo Skiff.

Biggie i would meet up with ya. I never really caught a striper over 13 inches. Would be a fun trip

HI Biggie and Fishguts. 

I am another Jersey guy who is still in New Jersey but has a weekend/summer place on the Eastern Shore.

My wife likes the Eastern Shore better than the Jersey Shore so we bought a place in St. Michaels. 

I am usually fishing by myself but could use some company. 

On 2/14/2018 at 0:30 PM, Biggie said:

Hi fishguts430. I am a Jersey guy that was relocated to Maryland for work. Last year I really started focusing in on the Kent Island area and have had some success with Stripers and White Perch. I think I have more to learn. Leaving home water after decades was like a total fishing-knowledge reset!

I drive a Solo Skiff.

Biggie - Believe it or not, that area used to hold sky-blue water due to a very strong sea-grass and oyster habitat. Plenty of under-sized flounder back in the day..............I am actually surprised to see a flounder that large still around. 

I +1 Kent I suggesting romancoke pier. matapeake may be worth checking out as well but I've only fished off the pier and not paddled around it. The little guy was too young for that kind of water at that time. My buddies and I go further south to tangier and are still exploring the area. Great fishing and crabbing down there. 3 kayaks rotating 12 traps pulled almost a bushel basket in a few hours the second weekend of November. There were some 16-22" rockfish biting but we were there for crabs that weekend. They say Crisfield is the seafood capitol of the world...may be worth adding a couple hours to your trip to give it a try. We will be doing 3-4 trips down there throughout the year. The first for early trophy season and the last about the first or second weekend of November for crabbing. Its a great place for yak fishing.