fishinambition

Quickie Lube

84 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, MickAff said:

You're in Australia......... :eek::scared: :wee:

Wrong window, knew something was wrong when I saw C cups and you're a DD.

Would never happen. Snakes everywhere down there. 

Take 98 4 Runner to dealer Oil change,Service dept say's your way over due for oil change, need to have oll changed every 3K miles you have 5.5 K since last oil change, yes and even though i am retired from Navy I can read and write and the owners manual states every 5k-7K mile doesnt it, now surely you jest about blowing dust out of rear brake drums (98) still had rear drum, look just chnage the GD oil Join different golf club as social  member  play Sunday in scramble  I really lucked out playing partner was Firestone dealer and been in Business 39 years didnt even know shop was there, so now his son changes oil and tells of any probems and I trust them, they mark up a few extra Bucks on parts but worth the Honesty, on  needs to be done,

To old to do oil change with coupon Oil and Filter at Shop 28.00 good to go 

I've been going to my local oil change place for so long they actually treat me like a human being and don't try to up sell me, but it's taken years... unfortunately their shop prices have gone up quite a bit and I've been doing my own oil changes for the past few years now... they charge  $95 for a synth oil change for my wife's pilot, I get the Mobil 1 oil and a good filter for $35 from Walmart... I figure $60 in my pocket is worth 30 minutes of my time... 

12 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

I've been going to my local oil change place for so long they actually treat me like a human being and don't try to up sell me, but it's taken years... unfortunately their shop prices have gone up quite a bit and I've been doing my own oil changes for the past few years now... they charge  $95 for a synth oil change for my wife's pilot, I get the Mobil 1 oil and a good filter for $35 from Walmart... I figure $60 in my pocket is worth 30 minutes of my time... 

Yups smaht ... do eggzactly the same.. and who really knows what oil they put in for 95$ 

So as a public service announcement for the fellow do-it-yourselfers, I've been using these fumoto valves for a few years now and love them.

I do a lot of miles in my Acura and have to change often; my wife's new Yukon takes 8 qts and that was a royal PIA the first time.  Now straight into the jug until full, stop it, put the hose in another jug till done.  My catch pan is for the filter only, no more messy pours back into the bucket.

I introduce the fumoto valve

hero-fumoto-engine-oil-drain-valve.jpg

20 mins ago, makorider said:

So as a public service announcement for the fellow do-it-yourselfers, I've been using these fumoto valves for a few years now and love them.

I do a lot of miles in my Acura and have to change often; my wife's new Yukon takes 8 qts and that was a royal PIA the first time.  Now straight into the jug until full, stop it, put the hose in another jug till done.  My catch pan is for the filter only, no more messy pours back into the bucket.

I introduce the fumoto valve

hero-fumoto-engine-oil-drain-valve.jpg

I also have been using the Fumoto valve for a few years. I have a length of clear tubing I shove on the end and it goes right into the jug. No mess at all and very quick and easy. My filter is right up on top. No wrenches needed and it has a drain sleeve around the filter to catch whatever comes out of the filter. I just shove an empty quart container under there with the top cut off to catch any drippings. I'm pretty sure the Fumoto valve was only like $26. Well worth it.