Belmo

Sports Betting

88 posts in this topic

We got on a tangent in the Jersey forum about sports betting possibly coming to Monmouth. There is a case with the Supreme Court right now that could make it happen very soon: my spies in the gambling press tell me that the windows will be open within a fortnight of the Supreme Court decision, if it goes the right way.

How do we feel about sports betting? Who does It? Who would do it if it weren't illegal? Should it stay illegal?

And how do you feel about the Eagles +140 on the money line in Sunday? :D

Anyone making assbaby comments will be subjected to an hour of RiverRaider doing standup comedy. :beatin:

The leaders of both parties in the Rhode Island House expressed concern Thursday that Gov. Gina Raimondo’s proposed budget relies on revenue from sports betting that will only be available if a U.S. Supreme Court case goes the state’s way.

current issue here too.

I dont see what grounds a state that has a lottery could possibly have to oppose sports gambling aside from their inability to stack their own decks.

Posted (edited)

not saying its right or wrong, but I think its largely due to folks not wanting to oblige degenerates. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

1 min ago, Chunkah said:

Let adults bet if they want to...why it's illegal is beyond me.

The government needs to save us from ourselves. Thanks so much.

You can bet on almost every street corner in the UK, and also inside sports stadiums, and they're doing just fine with it. 

Just now, Reed422 said:

The government needs to save us from ourselves. Thanks so much.

THE MAN IS KEEPING ME DOWN!!

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

not saying its right or wrong, but I think its largely due to folks not wanting to oblige Belmo and his fellow degenerates. 

28 mins ago, Belmo said:

We got on a tangent in the Jersey forum about sports betting possibly coming to Monmouth. There is a case with the Supreme Court right now that could make it happen very soon: my spies in the gambling press tell me that the windows will be open within a fortnight of the Supreme Court decision, if it goes the right way.

How do we feel about sports betting? Who does It? Who would do it if it weren't illegal? Should it stay illegal?

And how do you feel about the Eagles +140 on the money line in Sunday? :D

It's completely ridiculous that in a "free" country, you can't legally bet on a sporting event.  It's insane.

19 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

not saying its right or wrong, but I think its largely due to folks not wanting to oblige degenerates. 

It's ok to call me a degenerate. I don't mind. :D