Berkley vanish flouro leader

Rate this topic

jmarino1432

31 mins ago, jmarino1432 said:

Wondering what the opinions are out there of this line. Was able to work a little magic and pick up 50 yards of 40lb for 9.99 so I thought I'd try it out this upcoming season. Curious to see what others have to say 

I’ve used it, great stuff, never had a problem with it. When I first switched from mono to fluoro leaders Berk was what I bought. That being said I use Seaguar now. Don’t remember why I switched honestly (probably a sale). Seaguar does live up to its reputation I will say. 

That’s a heck of a deal though, I’d think about making the switch back for that price!

24 mins ago, St21 said:

I’ve used it, great stuff, never had a problem with it. When I first switched from mono to fluoro leaders Berk was what I bought. That being said I use Seaguar now. Don’t remember why I switched honestly (probably a sale). Seaguar does live up to its reputation I will say. 

That’s a heck of a deal though, I’d think about making the switch back for that price!

Good to hear. I used seaguar in the past but this was just too good to pass up. Ill be interested to see if I notice any difference 

Edited by jmarino1432

3 mins ago, jmarino1432 said:

Good to hear. I used seaguar in the past but this was just too go to pass up. Ill be interested to see if I notice any difference 

If you don’t mind me asking, how’d you manage to get it that cheap? Just a local store or is there a super awesome sale somewhere that I’m not taking advantage of (or taking advantage of me) of on this cold January night? :) 

2 mins ago, St21 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, how’d you manage to get it that cheap? Just a local store or is there a super awesome sale somewhere that I’m not taking advantage of (or taking advantage of me) of on this cold January night? :) 

So truth be told amazon had a sale on the stuff. They inadvertently advertised 30 yards for 9.99 so I picked it up. The spool arrived and it was only 25 yards so I sent amazon an email saying they had mislabeled their product and they shipped a whole other spool. 

2 hours ago, jmarino1432 said:

So truth be told amazon had a sale on the stuff. They inadvertently advertised 30 yards for 9.99 so I picked it up. The spool arrived and it was only 25 yards so I sent amazon an email saying they had mislabeled their product and they shipped a whole other spool. 

Oh gotcha, yea that’s a great deal. I’ll check it out, thanks!

Earlier this year they had Vanish leader Floro 30 yrs spools for $10    At the same time they had Vanish floro in spools of 250 or 300 yrs for the same price?   I couldn't tell the difference, so I bought the big spools?  

Line is softer, less abrasion resistant and have only found it in 20lb. Pretty much anything I use 20lb flouro for, I use the line because I don't need the abrasion resistance. If I want to go light and strong, 30lb blue is my preference. Vanish isn't too bad of stuff. Cheap, fairly strong and knots easy but would say coil memory, abrasion, and dia are drawbacks compared to other brands. 

Vanish made me mad this year. First day I used it I was on complete fire. Only guy catching fish. Next two times I couldn't get a hit when everyone and their brother caught fish right next to me. Couldn't take it so switched to 30lb Blue from 40lb Vanish and went on fire again the second day. Since then I have transitioned back into mono alot more for typical flouro applications, and can't notice any difference. That and some recent testing by S Strong proved Ande leader material passed the sandpaper abrasion test with much better results then Seaguar or Yozuri HD. Gotta love the mindgames that Flouro plays with you, and the true necessity of it. 

All good to know. Ill give it a shot early on in the year and see how it holds up. There are very few instances where I need abrasion resistance because i fish mainly sandy bottom areas with not much structure to rub on so that part doesn't concern me too much