sad news about FishDoc,we’ve lost him

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

the Doc has been fighting hard for at least 6 months, he’s been sick a couple years but he’s been in hospital twice in the last 6 months to a year . He was a fighter , but last night he passed away . I really though he was going to make it, I am grateful I got to meet him (here) and spend time with him he was a great man and will he missed by many . I will miss Him 

follower of rev Darryl Strawberry

We received the news of Fishdoc's passing this morning when his wife Anne called. As Eddie indicated, the last several months were very difficult, but he put up a valiant fight. Few told a story with his enthusiasm whether the events dated back to his youth fishing the beaches of Cape Cod with his father, venturing out onto Narragansett Bay in his boat "My Surprise", or hitting the sand along SoCo in the fall.

Over the last 20 years or so we rarely missed an "opening day" fly fishing for trout together. His hand tied trout flies proved effective, and many stripers succumbed to his striper plugs. He enjoyed chasing trout until the stripers arrived and enhanced the whole outdoor experience with numerous trips to Pulaski and a few to Alaska in pursuit of salmon. In all regard Dick was the consumate outdoorsman and good friend who'll be greatly missed.

So sorry to hear this . Dick was an awsome guy. Always a joy to chat with him at the numerous leadfests and an occassional bumping into on the sand. You will be missed my friend.

"Growing old is inevitable growing UP is optional"
"Rock and Roll never Dies it just passes out"

14 hours ago, stripercrazy said:

Looking back we were lucky to get him on the beach this fall in nov

BF64E8B0-1095-4C6C-BFC6-A956016B79C0.jpeg

Eddie, He enjoyed that day immensely - what a fitting tribute to Doc on your part. He called me from the beach, telling me how you hooked a striper and brought the rod to the truck so he could reel it in. I remember a day from several years ago that we were fluking off Matunuck, listening to peculiar radio messages and finally concluded that what they were saying is that football BFT surfaced out in front of Scarborough Beach. Naturally, pandemonium ruled and I decided against fishing in the thick of that nonsense. We skirted the distant perimeter, and within moments the footballs popped up with easy casting distance. Doc hooked up and fought the fish forever before dropping it at the side of the boat. Although our vision of sushi vanished ( I had gotten tuna permit), he had one hell of a thrill.