codfish

Fish report 2018 Cape Cod Bay to the back side of Provincetown "Sand Eel City"

697 posts in this topic

Yiks ptown weatherTODAY  S winds 30 to 40 kt, becoming W to SW. Seas 13 to  22 ft. Rain with VSBY 1 nm or less.  TONIGHT  N to NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Seas 9 to 15 ft. Light  freezing spray.  SUN  N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 11 ft. Light freezing  spray.  SUN NIGHT  N to NE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft. Light  freezing spray.  MON  NE winds 10 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft.  MON NIGHT  N to NE winds 15 to 25 kt. Seas 6 to 11 ft.  TUE  N to NW winds 5 to 15 kt. Seas 6 to 10 ft.  TUE NIGHT  Variable winds less than 10 kt, becoming S to SW.  Seas 3 to 6 ft.

Has anyone been fishing the beach?? heading out today but with this cold weather it might be one cast and done:)

2 hours ago, codfish said:

Has anyone been fishing the beach?? heading out today but with this cold weather it might be one cast and done:)

Targeting?

5 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Targeting?

At this point anything:)just returned from checking out my local spots, back in the truck and I caught nothing, "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work" 

I have a mental image of someone tossing a jig near an ice floe and hooking a seal.  Walrus?  

34 mins ago, BrianBM said:

I have a mental image of someone tossing a jig near an ice floe and hooking a seal.  Walrus?  

that's called "race point target practice"

14 hours ago, codfish said:

whats in the ocean this time of year? 

I was hoping for Pollock maybe a stray cod or haddock, usually try soaking some clams while sitting in the truck with the heater on, 

Kids will be out of the house in a coupleyears.  

I'll be moving to the outer cape.  (the wife?  maybe not.)
I'll join you out there then codfish.

Welcome:) nothing like soaking some bait while sitting in the truck drinking a hot cup of coffee:)