January 2018 Fishing Reports

EricJ

I went to a spillway this morning where there was no ice. Looked like a spot that would hold some fish. Emptied the bag... nothing

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

Put in 3 hours last night for 4 bites total. 2 spotted bass was all we had to show for it. Decent sized spots but we were searching for stripers. Had one hooked up that ripped drag for a minute but the hook pulled and that was it. I miss the days not long ago where a night like last night would have produced a dozen or more stripers from 10 to 20lbs.

26814949_10155275064413733_3047872612369591746_n.jpg

My name is Terry and I am a fisherman!

9 hours ago, jerseycat9 said:

Put in 3 hours last night for 4 bites total. 2 spotted bass was all we had to show for it. Decent sized spots but we were searching for stripers. Had one hooked up that ripped drag for a minute but the hook pulled and that was it. I miss the days not long ago where a night like last night would have produced a dozen or more stripers from 10 to 20lbs.

:th:

"Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios" Sam Stone / John Prine

On 1/21/2018 at 7:37 AM, jerseycat9 said:

Ice fishing?

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

23 mins ago, EricJ said:

Ice fishing?

Nah I'm still down here in North Georgia on Lake Lanier ;) We had some ice forming on some coves and such on the north end of the lake during our last cold front but the average temp around the lake is still 45 degrees.

The spotted bass kinda surprised me. Usually when we get to this time of year with these water temps most of the bigger spots move offshore and winter over in deep water amongst the standing timber near the channels. These fish were caught shallow in 5ft or less. Makes me wonder if the bigger spots are filling the void that the bigger stripers used to occupy this time of year before they died off.

My name is Terry and I am a fisherman!