What’s your biggest bass in 2017 ?

Rate this topic

Marty

Plug or dropper I had 2 at 31"(FORK Length), monsters, I tell you. Off the beach.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

6 mins ago, chitala383 said:

I'd rather not say, it was embarrassing this year. Let's just say I had no keeper bass this year.

Same here. I put in a ridiculous amount of time this year. Probably could of taken advantage of a couple more opportunities. All in all the year was pretty good for me. Some real big blues off of the kayak and a pretty good fluke season. Looking forward to kayaking in 2018. Hoping for some giants.

4 mins ago, Pma531 said:

Same here. I put in a ridiculous amount of time this year. Probably could of taken advantage of a couple more opportunities. All in all the year was pretty good for me. Some real big blues off of the kayak and a pretty good fluke season. Looking forward to kayaking in 2018. Hoping for some giants.

Your not the only one! Fished spring, summer and fall (March 15 to Dec 21) caught plenty of fish- blues up to 16 lbs  and bass 22-24 inches.  It’s better not to complain at least I enjoyed all those sunrises and calm evenings in the back!  

Put a lot of time in around the new moons. Where I was fishing 20-35# fish were everywhere on every moon cycle. I don't consider it of much of an accomplishment comparatively speaking but I did pin the 30# boga many times. The fish that broke my jigging rod (rated 5-10oz.) had to be in the mid to high 40's and was this past season's biggest for me. What a year! :th:

highres_17197862.jpeg

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

43", surf, lure...was a disappointing year for me both in #s and size. One factor was I just couldn't make it work to get to the places, at the correct times, that I had logged big fish in past years. Weather, access, and family issues lined up in a way that left me wondering "what if?"

211 Striped bass and 31 were over 28" in 2017. I don't weigh fish.