2018 All Things Fly Fishing

Rate this topic

bonefishdick

1 hour ago, Theflyguy said:

Is your Spey a tfo? If so how do you like it? I have a llbean streamlight 12.6 7 wt and a Scott L2h 11.6 8 wt been thinking of trying a tfo next

Beulah.  Were you at the beach last night?

I would ******* LOVE a grave blanket. icon14.gif

Scarborough area? Yeah for a bit wasn’t my preferred tide there. I had cut my piece of t17 to 26.5 ft which puts me right about 450 grains and made a new welded loop so was basically testing the welded loop to make sure it was good. I did the heat shrink and lighter technique. Heat it enough to fuse together the cut the heat shrink off. Only second time doing this but seemed to hold for the one dink I caught. Where you there did we speak?

8 mins ago, Theflyguy said:

Scarborough area? Yeah for a bit wasn’t my preferred tide there. I had cut my piece of t17 to 26.5 ft which puts me right about 450 grains and made a new welded loop so was basically testing the welded loop to make sure it was good. I did the heat shrink and lighter technique. Heat it enough to fuse together the cut the heat shrink off. Only second time doing this but seemed to hold for the one dink I caught. Where you there did we speak?

I think I was walking in as you were coming out at about 6:45?  I had the echo switch.  It was very crowded last night.  I picked up 9 total- six outside ( tough wind, again) and three inside. 

9 mins ago, titleguy said:

I think I was walking in as you were coming out at about 6:45?  I had the echo switch.  It was very crowded last night.  I picked up 9 total- six outside ( tough wind, again) and three inside. 

Yeah sounds about right. Yeah I couldn’t fish much around the corner as I am a lefty and wind would of been dangerous for my head. I like to fish the by the metal pipe around that tide but wind was no good for me. There were quite a few people there for sure. 

5 mins ago, Theflyguy said:

Yeah sounds about right. Yeah I couldn’t fish much around the corner as I am a lefty and wind would of been dangerous for my head. I like to fish the by the metal pipe around that tide but wind was no good for me. There were quite a few people there for sure. 

Gray beards and spey rods!  I'm a lefty as well- spey cast were not happening, but I only hit myself in the head once all night.  I'll be out tonight.

On 5/31/2018 at 6:33 PM, Theflyguy said:

Are you blowing your anchor point? You could be lifting the rod tip to high on your swing. Another thing can be to let your head out a bit further with a bit of running line out of your guide but not to much or the cast won’t turn over correctly. Other thing it could be your line set up

xxx

Edited by Uncle Stu

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.