OnTheFish

Nose wire bending jig

28 posts in this topic

I have been looking around for plans or good pics of a jig/tool to bend nose loops in wire. I’ve seen reference to a “loop-a-matic”. I think lu may have made some from what I read also steel pulse maybe made some too. I saw a YouTube video of lordship lures using one that is what I’m going for.  Any help with this be awsome thanks guys

I think I have one of the "Lu Tools" nose loop bending fixtures. It's out in my very cold garage along with all the other plug building stuff I no longer use.

I'll look around for it once it warms up a bit.

Looks like Lordship bending tool is hand made, not dissimilar to ones I've seen in other lurebuilder's shops.

Note also the grommet shaper - probably also hand made,

9 hours ago, Charleston said:

I think I have one of the "Lu Tools" nose loop bending fixtures. It's out in my very cold garage along with all the other plug building stuff I no longer use.

If you could post some pics of it when you get a chance would be awsome thank you

9 hours ago, frazerp said:

Looks like Lordship bending tool is hand made, not dissimilar to ones I've seen in other lurebuilder's shops.

I thought it was a shop built tool I have the equipment to build one I just need plans or some pics to work off I did see the grommet tool looks handy and doesn’t look to hard to build I ordered some grommets so when they get in I may make one of those thanks for the info guys

Thanks eelbasher I saw those pics that looks like it does a pretty good job and is simple enuff to make I just really want to find some more out about the  little hand crank style thanks

On 12/30/2017 at 3:12 PM, frazerp said:

That is a hand made piece but not many people use them.

8 hours ago, eelbasher said:

image.png.7b0d6bddcc710078440ee221e79c8a43.png

image.png

I make loops with a knipex round nose pliers. Jnski's loop maker is good but when I made mine it didn't work out the same. When I do them with the pliers I can turn them out pretty quickly.

On 12/30/2017 at 2:29 PM, Charleston said:

Thought you still make lures? I haven't been in my garage because of this arctic freeze either.

18 hours ago, Micodese said:

That is a hand made piece but not many people use them.

I make loops with a knipex round nose pliers. Jnski's loop maker is good but when I made mine it didn't work out the same. When I do them with the pliers I can turn them out pretty quickly.

Thought you still make lures? I haven't been in my garage because of this arctic freeze either.

My wife and I moved into a golf course community in 2011. I sold all my machines etc. back then. I still have all my hardware, air brush, spray booth ad various tools like drills and ball rasps. Buck tail tying vise and tools. Slugggo rigging stuff and tied 6/0 siwash hooks. I tried to sell it all but no takers.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

My wife and I moved into a golf course community in 2011. I sold all my machines etc. back then. I still have all my hardware, air brush, spray booth ad various tools like drills and ball rasps. Buck tail tying vise and tools. Slugggo rigging stuff and tied 6/0 siwash hooks. I tried to sell it all but no takers.

10 mins ago, frazerp said:

Try again on the BST - good pics help.

Yup, I'd be interested in some stuff. Namely the vice and ball rasps. Possibly other tools.

I got some good pics of a bender going to give it a go should be able to do 2 sizes I think 1/4” and 5/16” is what I’m shooting for does that sound like the most common sizes? Any input is welcome

On 1/1/2018 at 11:21 AM, eelbasher said:

A Wilton  

Very nice !