One rod, one reel. whats your pick?

Rate this topic

Bfishes333

On 12/21/2017 at 8:48 PM, Bfishes333 said:

If you had to to choose one rod and one reel to cover your fishing needs what would be your pick. If you want to say why thats cool too. It doesnt matter if you fish offshore or inshorewhatever floats your boat.

If just one then130 tiagra with Chatham special rod built by CMS.  That being said it is impossible to have one do it all.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:24 PM, Sudsy said:

I don't think it's possible - too many different situations here. 

example - A surf rod would snap in half off a bridge, a bridge rod would kill you fast trying to plug

As a virtually do everything surf rod from plugging, to livelining, to bait, the 11' AnyfishAnwhere Estuary with the Daiwa Lexa 300 HD is my favorite. 

I kick myself constantly for selling my estuary. Great rod

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

For Plugging/Bucktailing,Saragosa 6000 spooled with 14lb fireline paired with 10’ Star Stellar Lite rod rated 2-5oz. Very lightweight,not overpowering for schoolies and cocktails and can handle the monsters too.But i baitfish a whole lot and do not chunk or liveline with spinning,for that a Newell G229/G235 spooled with 30lb MoMoi,11’ Star Stellar Lite med/heavy.

Custom Century Stealth S2-1326 11’ w VS VR125 bail-less and 20# 832 or Dawia J-8.

Sub Saragossa 6000 w 30# if throwing bigger plugs to bigger fish. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson