surfseeker86

Hobie Question

91 posts in this topic

37 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Give it a rest?  I don't live in Cape Cod Bay. I fish from Gloucester to Boston. Exposed to the NE and E wind. SW in the gulf. The Revo 13 can handle both Atlantic Coast Waters and Gulf Of Mexico. It's just facts. So I'm gonna talk some facts..if you don't like it? That's just too bad. I don't know what to tell you.

You're right, I misspoke. Massachusetts Bay. Even MORE sheltered. :)

He never said the Revo 13 couldn't handle the Gulf. Neither did I. He was merely pointing out that his fishing style requires a lot of extra weight, and depending on where you fish, and how, that can be a factor the OP should consider. Then all the Riddler chest-beating started. Sorry, but not impressed.  

4 mins ago, kross57 said:

You're right, I misspoke. Massachusetts Bay. Even MORE sheltered. :)

He never said the Revo 13 couldn't handle the Gulf. Neither did I. He was merely pointing out that his fishing style requires a lot of extra weight, and depending on where you fish, and how, that can be a factor the OP should consider. Then all the Riddler chest-beating started. Sorry, but not impressed.  

I'm not chest beating. A fellow fisherman from the North Shore area was looking for information about the Revo and Outback. From ,my home waters.  Then from my understanding, the Revo 13 was kinda getting some information that seemed incorrect. There's no argument from me...and then some how you have decided to troll and that's fine by me. It's something to do. I need to kill another half hour. :laugh: ...do what you have to do.

Posted (edited)

11 mins ago, The Riddler said:

I'm not chest beating. A fellow fisherman from the North Shore area was looking for information about the Revo and Outback. From ,my home waters.  Then from my understanding, the Revo 13 was kinda getting some information that seemed incorrect. There's no argument from me...and then some how you have decided to troll and that's fine by me. It's something to do. I need to kill another half hour. :laugh: ...do what you have to do.

Riddler, you managed to give the OP more misinformation than anyone else did. One poor guy chimes in with a few good points, and Whammo! You said you haul around 100 pounds of striped bass at a time. You don't! You said he puts his fish in a cooler. He doesn't!. You said he uses a lawn-chair seat. Nope!. If anybody was giving out false information, it was you. But by all means, carry on. It's what you do!

Edited by kross57

2 mins ago, kross57 said:

Riddler, you managed to give the OP more misinformation than anyone else did. One poor guy chimes in with a few good points, and Whammo! You said you haul around 100 pounds of striped bass at a time. You don't! You said he puts his fish in a cooler. He doesn't!. You said he uses a lawn-chair seat. Nope!. If anybody was giving out false information, it was you. But by all means, carry on. It's what you do!

That's all you got dude?  Man, stick to kayak surfing kross..you are pretty good at that...You're the same sweet heart as you were on Kayak fishing stuff in the early 2000's. Your'e the same old midget troll as you were back then. Give me 10 more minutes of entertainment.

1 min ago, The Riddler said:

That's all you got dude?  Man, stick to kayak surfing kross..you are pretty good at that...You're the same sweet heart as you were on Kayak fishing stuff in the early 2000's. Your'e the same old midget troll as you were back then. Give me 10 more minutes of entertainment.

...and I'm still waiting for you to refute a single thing I said. 

...and waiting

...and waiting

...and waiting

...and... 

Image result for skeleton sleeping

There's really nothing to refute. There were some of us here who were talking about kayak fishing answering questions from folks and having conversation about platforms and places we fish and then along comes you......You have to have nothing to add about the places we are talking about where we fished and you can't get the big Striped Bass...maybe on a kayak surfing site you can relate to those conversations?  You don't dry suit argument anymore with me. Sucks, your running out of options. OK, sushi time thanks for the entertainment and your awesome information pertaining to this thread. :scuba:

asshole.jpg

I'm liking this, and to be blatant, the revo can handle a lot of weight, and the outback can too, but revo 15+ is definitely easier to tip than the ob, but if you are scared in the revo, why would you go out front in the first place?

14 hours ago, The Riddler said:

There's really nothing to refute. There were some of us here who were talking about kayak fishing answering questions from folks and having conversation about platforms and places we fish and then along comes you......You have to have nothing to add about the places we are talking about where we fished and you can't get the big Striped Bass...maybe on a kayak surfing site you can relate to those conversations?  You don't dry suit argument anymore with me. Sucks, your running out of options. OK, sushi time thanks for the entertainment and your awesome information pertaining to this thread. :scuba:

Riddler, you stated a bunch of crap, which I quoted, and insulted a guy just because he catches bigger fish than you and dared to dispute you. It's pathetic. This thread was about the various Hobie models, until YOU made it something else.  Don't bother trying to insult me. I don't value your opinion on anything.  

9 mins ago, kross57 said:

Riddler, you stated a bunch of crap, which I quoted, and insulted a guy just because he catches bigger fish than you and dared to dispute you. It's pathetic. This thread was about the various Hobie models, until YOU made it something else.  Don't bother trying to insult me. I don't value your opinion on anything.  

I have not insulted that kayak angler. It's a forum and we talk about fishing. We were talking about gross hobie paddler weights and what the Revo 13 can handle.

I'll insult you and trade off color words because you're a forum troll. That's who you are.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, kross57 said:

. I don't value your opinion on anything.  

I think you do. I have all those PM’s sent to me. Following me in the kayak forum and always have something to say. You can’t get enough. I’ll send you a signed photo if you want.  Hang it on your wall.  You are like a teen girl with a man crush. Im just as sick as you because I block your posts but  I still have to peak and see your next troll. It’s great offseason entertainment. 

Try and Pm again see if it works.  

Edited by The Riddler

On 12/15/2017 at 6:20 AM, hoakge12000 said:

if you want to go fishing, do you want a very slow but packed car, or fast car that can carry less weight. will you be traveling far or staying locally? 

does this analogy help? it seriously depends on the type of fishing you do. bait fishing nearby=outback. chasing fish or moving a lot / revo. you cant have a one has it all and it wont feel that way if you take one or over the other. 

This is a great analogy and really speaks to where I'm at in this decision.  When I first started kayak fishing I was keeping the car packed but as I've done it more, I've been actively carrying less.  I plug 90% of the time and like to move.  Also, I fish locally and most times l load the Outback on my truck bed; although I have a roof rack, I find it too difficult to lift without risking serious injury.  I'd imagine the Revo would be easier to lift.

5 mins ago, surfseeker86 said:

This is a great analogy and really speaks to where I'm at in this decision.  When I first started kayak fishing I was keeping the car packed but as I've done it more, I've been actively carrying less.  I plug 90% of the time and like to move.  Also, I fish locally and most times l load the Outback on my truck bed; although I have a roof rack, I find it too difficult to lift without risking serious injury.  I'd imagine the Revo would be easier to lift.

hope i helped, but lifting the revo will require more balance and less strength. if you are blocked from the wind, it is easier to lift (up to 30% easier id say) than the outback, but ONLY when there isnt a lot of wind. when there is wind, the revo in your hands on top of your head is going to feel like a parachute if you dont balance the grip well.

Hullavator - takes the wind out of the equation, takes the make and model of the yak out of the equation, reduces the chance of shoulder surgery down the track.

If I had to choose between a drysuit and a hullavator ... I wouldn't be yakking in extreme cold for a few years.

As stated, balance is key. For easier cartop clean and jerks make a mental note or mark the exact balance point on a yak. It does away with the need for head english to stop a teetering yak. To negate the sail effect of a high cross wind load/unload move the car 90°s.