Kitchen Remodel

Rate this topic

EricJ

Here is the before and then the after 3/4 completed. This is not truly a DIY since I am using a contractor for a lot of this.

5a2dd37b60a86_kitchen1.JPG.670707ac4a42b1383e5aca84c569e35e.JPG

IMG_2688.thumb.jpg.40c5f13ce0551492cea658c738061ae2.jpg

IMG_2760.thumb.jpg.3d1adc7df24277c22483708964e74d02.jpg

5ad15f570eb1a_IMG_2761(1).thumb.jpg.a025711839c34a6f210c0c7a5b9fdc10.jpg

IMG_2741.thumb.jpg.782403a9beb78d783a144eaabaa7e7f2.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

Edited by EricJ

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

30 mins ago, JimP said:

Nice!!!!  Seriously - that rocks!!

Thx Jim.. Still more to go. Adding doors to the blank spots you see on the peninsula and to the sides of any cabinet that you see with a blank white side to it. Of course backsplash tile, caulking around the crown molding, saddles between that tiled floor and the floors in the adjoining rooms, etc etc

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

1 hour ago, Kml said:

Looks great. 

Dumb question on the lazy Susan door, does it hit the range when opening/closing?

I have a similar layout and recently switched to a counter top depth range only for that reason. Over the years it made me nuts. 

It clears but by the width of a pubic hair. I thought I was going to have to cut the sheetrock out from behind the stove to slide it back another 3/8. Glad it did not come to that.

Your "Before" picture looks like my "After"!  :D

It's interesting that you went for the "clean" white look, because that's what we did too. White cabinets, white appliances (mostly), and wood floors. I dig the look. :th:

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

thanks guys, just repainted the crown molding today. A little caulk to fill in any obvious gaps between the trim and the wall/ceiling. Backsplash tile should go in on Tuesday. Noticed a manufacturer defect (color) in one of the floor tiles. Will replace that, then I will do one last go around with some touch up paint here and there. Should all be done by Wed at the latest.

We are loving that stove/oven. The kitchen looks great at night with just the under cabinet lights on.  Will post final pics mid week and also will have a video of it all for my DIY channel on youtube

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 8:44 PM, tah800 said:

I've seen kitchen Renos that don't look as good as the first one. Seriously though your new one is really nice

Thank you... very kind to say.