codfish

Is there a down side for the GOP if Moore wins

18 posts in this topic

Is it better for their candidate, Roy Moore, who has been credibly accused of sexually abusing underage girls, to win and keep the party’s slim Senate majority? Or would he be such an albatross, causing bitter intra-party schisms, that it’s actually better for Republicans if the Democrat, Doug Jones, wins? food for thought what say you??

Let him win, keep the seat for the GOP, and then let the GOP "do the right thing" by finding a way to force him out like the Left did with Franken, so they too can claim to do what's right.

Then just elect another Rep to replace him.

11 mins ago, codfish said:

Is it better for their candidate, Roy Moore, who has been credibly accused of sexually abusing underage girls, to win and keep the party’s slim Senate majority? Or would he be such an albatross, causing bitter intra-party schisms, that it’s actually better for Republicans if the Democrat, Doug Jones, wins? food for thought what say you??

You mean more intra-party schisms. It's an interesting thought, though.

2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Let him win, keep the seat for the GOP, and then let the GOP "do the right thing" by finding a way to force him out like the Left did with Franken, so they too can claim to do what's right.

Pretty cynical there. I guess that's politics, eh? There's certainly enough opposition to him coming from the Right within the state now, so may not be that far-fetched a scenario.

1 min ago, AJL said:

......Pretty cynical there. I guess that's politics, eh? There's certainly enough opposition to him coming from the Right within the state now, so may not be that far-fetched a scenario.

Yeah, it's cynical, but I think that as a nation we should be "noble" enough that we require a certain level of image/reputation from everyone we put in a position of power, from POTUS to Law Enforcement to our teachers to the local tax assessor. 

Posted (edited)

17 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

That's my bet of what happens too. But Moore's margin will be close, so there's still a possibility that Jones could win.

That's my kind of  cynicism.

Edited by patchyfog

Only if he's actually guilty and found so in an actual court of law.

I'm still waiting to see Franken actually leave.  I think he made his speech to get Gillebrand off his back (she's eyeing 2020 and knew he was too... this was a convenient way to get him off the table for her)... now I suspect he is waiting to see if Moore gets elected and seated... if so, I bet he walks his "plan to resign in coming weeks" back.

49 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

dito thanks for sharing

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

I'm still waiting to see Franken actually leave.  I think he made his speech to get Gillebrand off his back (she's eyeing 2020 and knew he was too... this was a convenient way to get him off the table for her)... now I suspect he is waiting to see if Moore gets elected and seated... if so, I bet he walks his "plan to resign in coming weeks" back.

That's actually interesting....... I could see it happening.

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

Yeah, it's cynical, but I think that as a nation we should be "noble" enough that we require a certain level of image/reputation from everyone we put in a position of power, from POTUS to Law Enforcement to our teachers to the local tax assessor. 

Have to be a truthful image/reputation though. Here you have accusations right before an election between a conservative and pro-abortion candidate in the bible belt. And accusations have been questionable.

Credibly accused.  Good one.

Moore will win and the “accusers” dug up by the WaPo will go away. He will be anti establishment and rail on Mitch Mcconnell all he can. 

I don’t think Franken will go away. He’s an entitled liberal punk that stole his seat fair and square. He’s going no where. Certainly not giving it up to a MN Muslim. 

13 hours ago, codfish said:

, who has been credibly accused of sexually abusing underage girls,

Sorry.  False premise.  Do tou have an honest, or straightforward question to ask?  Thank you.

13 hours ago, codfish said:

Is it better for their candidate, Roy Moore, who has been credibly accused of sexually abusing underage girls,

^yeah?  

40 year old pile on and semi forged year book captions are what we are calling credible now?

Go for it.  It'll back fire.  

Posted (edited)

SNL had a great skit last night

Alabama voters won't admit they are voting for Roy Moore the same way a crack head wont admit they are still using 

Edited by JohnP