tomkaz

Is Mueller an Idiot or Did He Think the People are Stoopid?

61 posts in this topic

OK, It is one thing to find out Strzok and his mistress have exchanged 10,000 text messages including some that are anti-Trump and pro-Clinton. You are told of this (I keep asking, who brought the info to Mueller's attention in July?) and you send the guy off to Siberia. OK, fair enough as you can't be blamed for knowing about those secret communications in advance. 

But this one takes the cake. How much searching would have been needed for anyone on Mueller's team to learn of this one? Which raises the question, did they know and not care? Or were they not smart enough to actually look at client lists to determine ahead of time whether they might have conflict issues?  

Mueller's 'Right-Hand Man' on Russia Probe Represented Clinton IT Aide Who Set Up Unsecure Server

Yet another key member of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe appears to have deep ties to the Democratic Party.

Aaron Zebley served previously as Mueller’s chief of staff at the FBI and as a senior counselor in the National Security Division at the Department of Justice. He also served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the National Security and Terrorism Unit in Alexandria, Virginia.

He is often referred to in the media as Mueller's "right-hand man."

Also, in 2015 when he was a lawyer, he represented Justin Cooper, the IT staffer who personally set up Hillary Clinton's unsecure server in her Chappaqua home, Fox News' Tucker Carlson revealed on his show Thursday.

Cooper, it so happens, is also the aide who destroyed Clinton's old BlackBerries with a hammer.

Documents obtained by Fox News show that Senate investigators grew frustrated with Zebley after being repeatedly stonewalled when they were trying to set up a meeting with Cooper.

Let this sink in. The same attorney who played a defensive role for Hillary Clinton was tapped by Mueller in June to play an offensive role against Clinton opponent Trump.

But Zebley isn't the only questionable hire. Out of a team of fifteen lawyers, nine of them have donated to Democratic candidates. None of them seem to have Republican leanings.

Jeannie Rhee, who was hired by Mueller last summer to work on the probe, was the personal attorney of Ben Rhodes and also represented the Clinton Foundation, Fox News' Laura Ingraham reported on Wednesday.

=================

So is Mueller incompetent? Politically illiterate? Or knew exactly what he was doing and assumed the public would never become the wiser? 

*useful idiot 

this is guy is just another clown using his power as a proxy branch of government without any accountability to the voters the same way Comey was. 

Donald Trump has the authority to fire Rod Rosenstein and I just hope he continues to do the smart thing. Fire the scumbag take back the investigation and then basically dissolve the distraction. 

Posted (edited)

Mueller is anything but stupid. Or illiterate .... he's not concerned with striking tribal poses to impress one faction or another. 

Lawyers move back and forth between different roles all the time.  Most top-end defense people have spent years in a prosecutor's office. Being called back to a prosecutor's office happens less often, but it does happen.  At the top of Washington's power pyramid, everyone knows everyone else.  Mueller's office - and I'm sure Mueller himself knew of Zebley's representation of Justin Cooper - wouldn't have cared about that, because Mueller's brief, the job he's been brought in to do, has nothing to do with Cooper, or Hillary, or the server.  Mueller's looking into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.  He can follow any path that starts from there, but he's not been brought on board to investigate Cooper, or Hillary. He's not an Inspector-General for the DoJ, and he's not been brought in to review Comey's decision not to pursue a case against Hillary for the use of the server. Neither has he got the tribal allegiance to Trump of Tucker Carlson, or JoeyZac, or most posters here, however badly partisans here want him to do so.

It doesn't shock me that the donations trail leads to Hillary. The people Mueller's brought in are from big-name firms with Washington offices, and part of their prior job would de facto be lobbying and schmoozing with a new Administration.  The polls said Hillary was a shoo-in, therefore that's where their money went. Some of them are doubtless thoroughgoing Democrats.  Show me where that's made a difference to who gets charged, though, and I'll take these faux claims of a partisan investigation a little more seriously.

Does anyone but myself remember that Mueller was elevated to high office, initially, by President  Bush? Does anyone think he was chosen because President Bush wanted a partisan Democrat? 

What these complaints tell me is that Mueller is perceived as getting entirely too close to serious charges against various members of the Administration.  Gen. Flynn has pled out.  God knows what he's been telling Mueller's investigators, but I do know this: President Trump has been desperate to remove any pressure that Flynn may be feeling, to the point of condemning American intelligence services for having heard too much of Flynn and various Russians, to the point of firing Comey for not dropping the case and backing away when told to do so.  What dirt does Flynn have on the President that so frightens him, and his partisans here?  Papadoupoulos was wearing a wire for months before his plea became known. What did he bring?  Manafort and his sidekick are indicted and no one, I'm sure, would be surprised if he suddenly pled out and turned songbird either.  K.T. McFarland, it appears, is on the thin edge of indictment for lying about her Russian contacts. Flynn - and this postdates his plea deal - DID discuss sanctions relief with a business partner, and intended to get into financial bed with a Russian nuclear project. And President Trump's innermost circle, and his family, have been steadily backed away from their initial denial of any contact with any Russians, nohow, no way. Well, maybe a little contact. Just a meeting about Russian orphans.  Well, yes, the emails say that the subject was dirt on Hillary. There were just a couple of people there.  Well, actually, there were nine. But he didn't talk to the President about getting dirt on Hillary from the Russians ... suuuuure. 

Investigations are like icebergs, you don't know the true bulk of the case until you hit it. We haven't hit the ice, yet; everybody except Flynn has already been officially designated as a throwaway body. But the Trump wing of the GOP is clearly feeling the chill of approaching ice. 

Shiver away. 

Edited by BrianBM

Everyone, left or right, should be outraged at how political this agency is. They are UNACCOUNTABLE to anyone, and none of them are elected officials.  Sessions needs to clean house. 

Posted (edited)

^^^^^Wondering if you’d be as dismissive if all of these coincidences where going against her, Muller and company. I highly doubt it. 

For Brian BM

Edited by Markushook

And so far none of those indictments have added up to dick inre Russian Collusion!! That is also a fact, right? 

Markushook, cheer up.  Mueller could be hit by lightning.  Hillary could be struck by a meteor.  And President Trump could come off entirely free of anything worse then embarrassment (if he's capable of that sensation, which I doubt.)

Because his campaign was so ill-run, so disorganized, so slapdash and full of political novices, President Trump's campaign was more then normally vulnerable to advisers and staff freelancing on their own behalf.  All kinds of bad personalities (like Gen. Flynn and Paul Manafort) got far more deeply involved then they'd have been able to do if one of the GOP's now-despised regular politicians had gotten the nomination. Jeb! perhaps, or Sen. Grahame, or one of the gubernatorial wannabes; none of them would have touched Flynn or Manafort because they'd have known better. (I suspect a lot of what Trump liked about Flynn was that Obama warned him against bringing Flynn into the house.)

It's quite possible that in the end, the various people of whom we read will turn out to have been acting far more on their own behalf then that of President Trump.

I'd be kidding if I said that this is what I think really happened, but it remains within the bounds of the possible.

1 min ago, Markushook said:

And so far none of those indictments have added up to dick inre Russian Collusion!! That is also a fact, right? 

I was typing the answer ^^^ while you were writing.

...... cold.  You, too, look cold.  Find a sweater.  ;)

Excellent post Brian. ( Number 3 )

As Muller has gotten close....and then entered the White House......the whining has become deafening.

This thing has just barely begun IMO.

5 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Everyone, left or right, should be outraged at how political this agency is. They are UNACCOUNTABLE to anyone, and none of them are elected officials.  Sessions needs to clean house. 

Are you insinuatingly that the Mueller’s special council is bias? 

8 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Markushook, cheer up.  Mueller could be hit by lightning.  Hillary could be struck by a meteor.  And President Trump could come off entirely free of anything worse then embarrassment (if he's capable of that sensation, which I doubt.)

Because his campaign was so ill-run, so disorganized, so slapdash and full of political novices, President Trump's campaign was more then normally vulnerable to advisers and staff freelancing on their own behalf.  All kinds of bad personalities (like Gen. Flynn and Paul Manafort) got far more deeply involved then they'd have been able to do if one of the GOP's now-despised regular politicians had gotten the nomination. Jeb! perhaps, or Sen. Grahame, or one of the gubernatorial wannabes; none of them would have touched Flynn or Manafort because they'd have known better. (I suspect a lot of what Trump liked about Flynn was that Obama warned him against bringing Flynn into the house.)

It's quite possible that in the end, the various people of whom we read will turn out to have been acting far more on their own behalf then that of President Trump.

I'd be kidding if I said that this is what I think really happened, but it remains within the bounds of the possible.

I smile all day everyday my friend! Nov 7,2016 was one of the greatest days of my life. A fraudulent witch lost her SECOND AND FINAL chance to become President of our great Country! 

This investigation is like the global warming/climate change thing. Have no evidence of collusion so let’s shoot for obstruction! The fact that this “team” is politicized should concern you, me and everyone. How convenient the man who questioned ALL of the players inre Clinton AND convinced Flynn to plead gets CANNED after the fact!! Seriously?? To much coincidence for a rational person to concieve.

BTW, if the evidence does show any improprieties, take them all down. I always want the truth. I feel we won’t get it. 

They keep throwing these idiots at us lay-folks and build them up as 'honorable/will do the right thing' kind of guys - starting with Comey and now Mueller...then they start emitting the same scent of chit as the rest. They have both been around a while...but the Trump phenomena put them into the spot light like no other time in their careers, and their stink ass bias came shining brightly through

So true Albie. Stevie Wonder can see how corrupt the FBI is, yet our resident Lefties cannot. 

#blind

J has previously posted about a huge number of sealed indictments, being held for unknown purposes, in this case. Even if the real numbers are a fraction of what the Internet's mystery posters say, there are doubtless indictments out there waiting to happen.  I'll hazard a guess that a couple more defendants have pled out then you or I know, that they're busy answering investigator's questions, and so on.  Like Papadoupoulos, it's likely that a couple of pleas have remained out of sight, while the defendants went back to their jobs at the White House ... wearing a wire. Given enough time to shake the tree, you never really know what may fall out.

Consider the information that, the day of the inauguration or the day after, Gen. Flynn was on the cell phone to a business associate about getting into some deal with a Russian reactor project, and noting that "sanctions would be torn up."  That wasn't - so far as we know - something developed by Mueller's staff, or the FBI. It was a "whistleblower," a walk-in witness, who went to one of the Congressional committees with this testimony. Not (again, as far as we know) someone who was indicted; not even someone who was appearing under subpoena. Just a walk-in volunteer, not easily impeached on cross-examination, if it takes the witness stand. 

No doubt Mueller's people are all over that witness now.  My point is simple. This is getting closer and closer to home, it's not going away. Therefore, the AnoniWeb will froth, ever faster, with incredible revelations that one of Mueller's staff has been known to buy pizza at Comet; that a secretary there used a day care center that Hillary visited just two months earlier, and that many of them vote in districts which went for Hilllary in the last election - perfidy! betrayal! fraud! - and so on.