yosco

Keep No Bass.

137 posts in this topic

If the coastal states came out with complete no sale of bass. No comms.

But the rec fishery would become complete no take. Would you be alright

with that? How much less would you fish?

I rarely keep any fish how it is, so I'd be fine with that. I would still fish as often as possible. Which isn't as often as I would like.

Edited by chitala383

I haven’t kept a bass in 4 years (pretty sure). For the 10 years prior to that I kept ~ 8 bass, but they were all bigger fish (25-42lbs) unfortunately. I kept them mainly for various tournaments, etc. I will not kept another bass again, no matter what. I don’t care how big, what kind of shape it’s in, it goes back. 

i don't need to keep a bass in order to enjoy fishing for them. Being able to keep fish definitely influences me with bottom fish, etc. though. 

I would be more than happy. 

That is what I have been asking for loooong time.

All stripers in last 20 years released. 

Will spend more time fishing if only it would've been possible. 

Somebody please pinch me, need to wake up. 

I'd be alright with not keeping any, and would still fish the same amount. My family and I like eating sea robins. The few times per year I bring home fish to eat, I could bring home a few robins instead. I prefer eating the bass, but it's so infrequent, I could live with it.

Very simple and proven method to save the breeding stock and keep the hungry happy would be to stop the commercial harvest and employ the "slot limit" system for recreational anglers.

1 hour ago, XBMX said:

Very simple and proven method to save the breeding stock and keep the hungry happy would be to stop the commercial harvest and employ the "slot limit" system for recreational anglers.

proven? for bass? i must have missed that one.

eliminate the commercial harvest. drop the rec harvest by a minimum of 90% (in not more) and a slot might work for bass.

Based my post on how the RedFish rebounded in the Gulf to the fishery they have today.

I'd be fine...keep maybe one per year....would suck for party boats...they'd be done...