J

What is this?

10 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

Seems like a lot of weight and hardware just to hold position. 

Just anchor already. 

You need two powerpoles to hold position. I've been on boats and kayaks with one.

They’re more popular in shallow bodies of water, particularly with  the flats crowd. They’re very quiet and allow you to keep the boat still in any position desired in mild winds/currents. My old man has them on his boat in Florida. 

On 12/7/2017 at 7:02 PM, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

Seems like a lot of weight and hardware just to hold position. 

Just anchor already. 

ALL OVER s Florida.

Its simple and light: a hyd ram, some alum rail, and a fiberglass pole.  No more complicated than a trim tab.  Press a button and you are 'anchored' and fishing.  If I lived in those environs, I'd be saying goodbye to my anchor as well

In saltwater, it's the high-tech version of "staking out" on a flat (sticking the push pole into the bottom and the guide either hanging onto it or tying it to the poling platform).

The freshwater crowd, particularly the tournament fishermen, love them, too, because they don't have to drop and pull anchors dozens of times during the day; the power poles are a lot faster and let them fish more efficiently.

I use anchor pins. Basically long fiberglass rods. A must have vs throwing anchors when in shallows water and you don't want too scare fish, away. Plus don't have to get wet in the winter pulling the ropes back up.I prefer them over anchors