Jetex2801

Fuji titanium frame defect? “Legend surf”

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

The rings Mike is referring to are called flanged rings.

Torzite Flanged vs Regular.jpeg

Torzite Flanged vs Regular 02.jpeg

Ahhhhh....I thought I remembered seeing this awhile ago.  

makes perfect sense

Thanks your for confirming I wasn't just seeing things :)

Edited by scoobydoo

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

This is a bit off topic but pertains to torzites.

I have a few rods with them totaling about 30 guides.  And I've found the consistency in which the rings are are set in place is drastically different.

On example pertaining to the tips.  Some are like every other rod.  And on some the ring protrudes well beyond the frame.  It looks like a wider ceramic ring....

Enough that I have to worry about it hitting my windshield.....while the others...no matter the angle...only the frame would touch the glass (if that makes sense)

If that guide came that way from fuji.....did they put it on in the dark or something?  How could someone not notice that considering they're staring right at it.

looks almost like some ass hat at a tackle shop took a bic to it just to be a clown.

Saw some idiot at walmart with his 4 year old testing the flex of 5 rods.....Snapped every one of them.....Didn't like when I called him a irresponsible fool in front of his kid.  :)

What exactly was he doing to break the tips>? Holding the rod and pulling the tip down with his other hand>?

Regardless, he should have been made to purchase every single one of the rods, that is totally irresponsible. 

5 hours ago, SurffisherMike said:

Regarding the tip ring issue you have. Some of them are now made the way so that your line is on the ceramic ring at any angle and your line could never touch the frame. I understand your concern about it being more exposed but I know they do have a tip like that by design

flanged tip, started with torzite. built one for dennysnook a couple of days when the flanged design came out. ask him how he likes it? LMAO 

cracked on the flanged ceramic covering the metal. before, if you hit your tip on something the metal protects the ceramic insert. now if you accidentally hit your tip on something the ceramic gets hit because it is now outside the metal. have fun replacing a $22 tip.

jett your tip was overheated and burnt. have them replace it.

29 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

What exactly was he doing to break the tips>? Holding the rod and pulling the tip down with his other hand>?

Regardless, he should have been made to purchase every single one of the rods, that is totally irresponsible. 

Yup...and he'd go to his kid.....see this is piece of junk....and the kid would laugh

I forget what he said to me before I said something...but it was along the lines of.....they don't make em like they used to. or something like that to justify what he was doing.

I so wish I took out my camera and filmed it.  Guy was a total toolbag

6 mins ago, HellRaY said:

flanged tip, started with torzite. built one for dennysnook a couple of days when the flanged design came out. ask him how he likes it? LMAO 

cracked on the flanged ceramic covering the metal. before, if you hit your tip on something the metal protects the ceramic insert. now if you accidentally hit your tip on something the ceramic gets hit because it is now outside the metal. have fun replacing a $22 tip.

jett your tip was overheated and burnt. have them replace it.

Damn...i had hoped torzite was some magical Sic material impervious to everything.....

31 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Yup...and he'd go to his kid.....see this is piece of junk....and the kid would laugh

I forget what he said to me before I said something...but it was along the lines of.....they don't make em like they used to. or something like that to justify what he was doing.

I so wish I took out my camera and filmed it.  Guy was a total toolbag

Number one way to break the tip off a rod, hold the rod mid way through the blank and bend the tip until it breaks, right? The GX2 Uglystiks can't even handle that kind of treatment. You should have shown the video to the Walmart manager.

Or play with your rod under a ceiling fan, LOL!