Reed422

Paella or Risotto?

82 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, Aquacide said:

as Jase said, the pan is everything. if you don't got the pan and create that crunchiness underneath, then it pretty much is a Risotto anyway

fwiw I'd make Jambalaya before I'd try a risotto.

top chef back on tomorrow night btw.

Check out Alton brown risotto recipe,,, comes out perfect every time, its laughable that some think risotto is difficult 

1 min ago, Sandflee said:

Asparagus and mushroom risotto,,,,, yum 

One of my favorites when the asparagus is up in the garden and the morel's are up in the woods.  Make a good homemade chicken stock and make sure to use the tough ends of the asparagus in it.   yum is right.

Just now, Sandflee said:

Check out Alton brown risotto recipe,,, comes out perfect every time, its laughable that some think risotto is difficult 

people tell me its difficult to make when you're doing other things - like cooking steak etc.

1 min ago, Aquacide said:

people tell me its difficult to make when you're doing other things - like cooking steak etc.

true,, Risotto does require your attention but other than that its easy, another trick is that first bit of liquid should be a splash of wine before ladling in the wine/broth mixture. whole key is a little liquid at a time, let it cook down add more liquid and repeat

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/wild-mushroom-and-asparagus-risotto-recipe-1916284

19 mins ago, Sandflee said:

true,, Risotto does require your attention but other than that its easy, another trick is that first bit of liquid should be a splash of wine before ladling in the wine/broth mixture. whole key is a little liquid at a time, let it cook down add more liquid and repeat

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/wild-mushroom-and-asparagus-risotto-recipe-1916284

thanks, I googled your alton brown recipe and emailed it home - my wife loves asparagus so I think i'll try to make it for her. :th:

Edited by Aquacide

1 hour ago, jmlandru said:

You guys, isn’t this a PG issue like the Linkolln/Carter debates?

Who did Carter debate about rice preparation?