RiverRaider

A Most Humbling Experience

66 posts in this topic

55 mins ago, bospa357 said:

My day has not arrived yet.

I hope you ring it long and loud.

4 hours ago, seadogface said:

My best wishes bud. My wife had her treatments at the North Shore location. They will take good care of him.

Missed this..... I’m glad you were able to stay local

Thoughts and prayers for the FIL RR.....

**** cancer! Lost several friends to it....makes for a humbling experience for sure.

2 hours ago, bospa357 said:

Oh, and the bell is pretty common in many treatment facilities. My day has not arrived yet.

When it does ring that son of a bitch loud. 

4 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

What does ring the bell mean?

When people finish their treatment they ring a bell in the facility. 

5 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

I’m sitting in the he waiting are at the  Oncology Treatment Center at Mass. General Hospital with my FIL... First of fifteen days of a radiation treatments to hopefully knock out his liver cancer.... 

It’s a humbling experience for sure....

I was once treated by a well known doctor. I was told I was lucky to be accepted by him as a patient. Life threatening condition. 

I sat down in the waiting room and realized I was the only adult patient.  That was humbling. 

Now Many years later.

lots of treatment options these days. Stuff that didn't exist 10 years ago.

It good to be there for support. My dad did not ring the bell. Sitting in the chemo treatment room with him was most humbling. As I sat with him and about 5 others with IV poison in their ports, I realized I have no reason to complain about anything. I suppose you have to experience sitting there to fully appreciate how good life is when others are clinging on to it. I hope and pray he gets to ring that bell. 

Best wishes from over here Man and good on you for stepping up. 

Having spent lots of time pacing around hospitals lately myself, I fully get your meaning. 

During an Agent Orange work up attending Nurse said she didnt like results blood test and commenced body search, as blood  work said high emzynes   what ever that is. What are these lumps side of neck, Oh I bought new leather Jacket in Colorado when touring out west on M/C and collar was stiff couple weeks ago  so maybe thats is cause  No, lets do Biopsy, what for,,  Maybe Cancer, GD Here i am a Hard core SOB almost knock me  to knees, felt numb, she was right cancer of Lymph Nodes,was lucky it had not spread, so 35 sessions of radiation,followed by surgery to remove residual mass , all Good

I like that 8year old, Think Positive,stay strong was words told to us, Not what IF, it is When this shyt is over .

Like it or not your the leader you must stay strong for the family,you have a lot of  people to lean on right here  they await your call for help to stay the course.

I got  help from Jimmy V his speeches gave me strength to maintain treatment and not quit.

This was sent to me during my treatment 

God didnt promise Days with out Pain, Laughter with out Sorrow, Sun with out  Rain, But he did promise Strength for the day,Comfort for the Tears and Light for the way

Keep us posted on progress if You will   Al

Al, have you discussed with the VA about your exposure to Agent Orange? Even if they can't prove that the malignant lymph nodes were caused by AO, they cannot prove they weren't as well. You are entitled to be compensated. My buddy collects a check of around $600/month due to exposure being stationed near an area that was sprayed. Look into it if you haven't already. You paid the price and deserve to be compensated.