RiverRaider

A Most Humbling Experience

66 posts in this topic

Father had his bladder and pancreas removed 3 weeks ago. 

My brother had stage 3c colon cancer 2 years ago at age 42. He wouldn’t go to Dana Farber because all the kids upset him. Went to MGH. 

Both are doing fine. 

Keep yer head up. 

****ing cancer. 

14 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

He wouldn’t go to Dana Farber because all the kids upset him. Went to MGH. 

Yup. 

DF is one of the best cancer treatment centers on earth, but one walk through the children's wing there will change one's life forever.

:(

Here's to the best outcome for your FIL.

When my mom went for a heart valve replacement, there were a group of 5 or 6 guys that hung out together at the end of the hall. I found out they were all waiting for hearts. Yea, I guess the feeling I had when I found out was humbling.

53 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

Father had his bladder and pancreas removed 3 weeks ago. 

My brother had stage 3c colon cancer 2 years ago at age 42. He wouldn’t go to Dana Farber because all the kids upset him. Went to MGH. 

Both are doing fine. 

Keep yer head up. 

****ing cancer. 

This. I go to Dana Farber for treatment. It's heartbreaking to see the kids going through it. But at the same time, it can also be very inspirational. The kids are all so brave. During my stay there I happened to have the opportunity to form a very special relationship with one brave little 8 yo boy. He constantly reminds me to stay strong and positive. :heart:

Good for you RR for being there for your FIL. Thoughts and prayers for him. 

2 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

I’m sitting in the he waiting are at the  Oncology Treatment Center at Mass. General Hospital with my FIL... First of fifteen days of a radiation treatments to hopefully knock out his liver cancer.... 

It’s a humbling experience for sure....

That sucks RR, wishing your father in law all the best. Good of you to be there with him.

15 mins ago, bospa357 said:

Oh, and the bell is pretty common in many treatment facilities. My day has not arrived yet.

Hope you ring that Bell soon Bob. Good Luck 

2 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

I’m sitting in the he waiting are at the  Oncology Treatment Center at Mass. General Hospital with my FIL... First of fifteen days of a radiation treatments to hopefully knock out his liver cancer.... 

It’s a humbling experience for sure....

Good Luck to Your Family RR, Cancer just sucks.

2 hours ago, chumfish said:

**** cancer.

Indeed!

My sister had a lumpectomy and 15 lymph nodes removed two days before Thanksgiving. Starts chemo and radiation three days after Christmas, **** it, indeed.

36 mins ago, bospa357 said:

Oh, and the bell is pretty common in many treatment facilities. My day has not arrived yet.

Your day will be here before you know it. :th:

Good luck to your FIL, RR.