chicky

Highlander or Pilot

32 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

The new Pilot is more like a large luxury SUV than any other year. Nice but not my taste. Too many doodads. Can't go wrong with either brand.

They dropped the price i understand 

Just bought a new 2017 Pilot for the wife with no do-dads for less than $32,000. We both love it. It replaced a 2000 chevy Tahoe Z-71 limited edition with 278,000 miles on it bought new. The pilot seats 8, the Tahoe 5. Pilot is very spacious in the cabin. Getting ave 24 mph from 16.8 from the Tahoe. No regrets.

Went though this 1 year ago now.  Wife would not go to a large SUV but we needed a bigger SUV than our grand cherokee.  Choice was Pilot/Highlander.  Highlander drives more like a car, wife would not get in the Pilot to test drive because "It was too big" so I bought the Highlander.  She loves it, price was about the same.  Pilot was more truck like and not as tight of a drive.

I have a 2017 pilot fully loaded and a 2012 that my daughter uses, sold a 2003 pilot with 165000 miles on it for 3K still the retain there value and have never given me a problem, oil change every 3k and they will last a long time. My vote Honda Pilot! and both my wife and daughter love them a big plus

Leased the 18 Highlander 2 weeks ago for the wife. Seems like a good choice. Turned in a 15 pilot that we originally hoped to buy at lease end. Wife loved the 15 pilot but it had a tranny vibration that honda mechanic told me was common and normal. Not going to push my luck with honda. Very similar in and out but Highlander got top ratings. 

Honda Pilot owner 2010.........great vehicle and love it on the beach. I have been driving Jersey beaches for up to 8 years, 50 plus days each year and never an issue. Have helped others in trouble Explores,Jeeps,etc but I had never an issue...........but then again I air down properly and do not drive like a idiot. They are spacious,comfortable and unlike an earlier poster stated they do not drive like a truck and my wife loves driving it. The hwy milage is also great.......many trips back and forth from NJ to Ga average 24 mpg or better...........great cars.

21 hours ago, Smellsfishy said:

Leased the 18 Highlander 2 weeks ago for the wife. Seems like a good choice. Turned in a 15 pilot that we originally hoped to buy at lease end. Wife loved the 15 pilot but it had a tranny vibration that honda mechanic told me was common and normal. Not going to push my luck with honda. Very similar in and out but Highlander got top ratings. 

How was the pricing?

Just got the wife a 2017 pilot touring. Got about 5500 Miles on it so far. Kids and wife love it. It’s not truckish at all very comfortable and seats 8. All the doodads are nice kids love the dvd and wireless headphones. Are first import ever and I have a feeling it won’t be are last Honda. I wasn’t a fan of the Highlander we test drove that and the explorer. Pilots was by far the nicest and priced the best as well.