Wigeon

Ryan Shazier Injury

58 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

Some of you tennis homos crack me up. It's absolutely impossible to make every play using good, nevermind great, technique. You all make yourselves sound like jealous yentas :dismay:when you try and act knowledgeable. 

The Bengals CB (#27?), should practice his tackling skills. It looked as if Bell was just looking for him, so he could flatten him. And he did. Often.

I give the kid credit for standing in there and getting hammered.

Shazier had spinal stabilization surgery today.

Major loss for the Steeler defense.

But it was his fault for poor tackling technique, 22 guys flying around at full speed trying to knock each other down, it's not tackling practice.  The defense is trying to get to the ball carrier anyway they can, and the offense is trying to stop them.

Lucky they were not playing the PATS, Gronk would have speared him while he was helpless.

The good news is if he’s lucky like my co-worker he will walk again the bad news is he probably played his last down.  That sucks man he was a tackle machine. 

“Just got off phone w neurologist Dr Anthony Alessi, who consults w NFLPA, asked him what he makes of Shazier's spinal stabilization surgery. "It's not good...We're not going to see him this season. He may not play football again."

id be very surprised if he could play again, even if he could, physically....the mental part of all this must be excruciating.

Its not looking good, doubt he'll ever play again....Much worse than previously noted.......according to a dDr familiar with the procedure performed on him today. 

30 mins ago, Cool Hand Fluke said:

Seems like the less equipment you have the better your form needs to be.

591c86822b8e9c90ab3cfc4289284d37.jpg

download.jpg

Thats the future of tackling right there

43 mins ago, Cool Hand Fluke said:

download.jpg

I have been all for eliminating the equipment for a long while. With equipment, you have a false sense of security and you begin to use the equipment as protection and as weapons vs actually protecting yourself as you naturally would otherwise. 

Anyone that knows anything about concussions or brain micro trauma will tell you that helmets have little effect on prevention of concussions or brain micro trauma. 

Edited by Beastly Backlash

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

id be very surprised if he could play again, even if he could, physically....the mental part of all this must be excruciating.

Agree, I think he is finished playing football, time to get on with his life's work.

Edited by Riverboat33

47 mins ago, Cool Hand Fluke said:

download.jpg

Fewer concussions in rugby, but many more fractured skulls.  

And as a point of reference my son played for 15 years, from 2nd grade through HS as a 3 year starter with a school that played for a state title each and every year he was there and up through and including senior year at college where he was a three year starter and on that last day when he walked off the field I was never so happy and so sad at the same time...but now he has been accepted to at least one medical school for the fall...

post-593-0-65310300-1447723434.jpg

Uh, you guys are aware that they almost outlawed football in America back in the early 20th century due to on field deaths and maimings when they played with little to no equipment, right?

I thought the first guy that mentioned the no equipment thing was just kidding around, it so ******* dumb I figured he had to be.

This conversation, if serious, is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on the internet.

And  I’m not even going to address how stupid the rugby comparison is.

:dismay:

Hope he used his head for more than just a helmet holder in school.

Are doctors ever optimistic after a surgery like that? How could they be.