Wigeon

Ryan Shazier Injury

58 posts in this topic

The word out of Pittsburgh is that he didn't need surgery and is starting to regain feeling/movement in his legs.

Shazier is an exciting player, but he has a habit of leading with his head.  I don't think there's any doubt that this is how he got hurt.

14 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Hopefully just a stinger.

14 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Hopefully just a stinger.

Stinger goes down your arm, it doesn't disable your lower body. :squid:

4 hours ago, derangler said:

The word out of Pittsburgh is that he didn't need surgery and is starting to regain feeling/movement in his legs.

Shazier is an exciting player, but he has a habit of leading with his head.  I don't think there's any doubt that this is how he got hurt.

This episode just might break him of that habit. That's good news. What a bloodbath that game was.

Honestly, it's absolutely amazing that this doesn't happen once a week. The speed of the game makes it a miracle that it doesn't .....

47 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Honestly, it's absolutely amazing that this doesn't happen once a week. The speed of the game makes it a miracle that it doesn't .....

It's the remarkable construction of the human body.

But there is a good reason why many of these guys suffer chronic pain in their retirement years. 

Posted (edited)

There are no extra points by the way you take down a guy....some of these players think otherwise.

Some guys know how to tackle, others have only learned how to hit

Edited by iphish

My guess on where this will end for him...

1. Full recovery

2. Doctors recommend that he retires due to increased risk if he takes a hit in the wrong spot again.

Some of you tennis homos crack me up. It's absolutely impossible to make every play using good, nevermind great, technique. You all make yourselves sound like jealous yentas :dismay:when you try and act knowledgeable. 

32 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Some of you tennis homos crack me up. It's absolutely impossible to make every play using good, nevermind great, technique. You all make yourselves sound like jealous yentas :dismay:when you try and act knowledgeable. 

LOL, but true. When that freight train 5'9", 220# running back comes your way anything goes short of handguns and knives.

Just now, HugeDinghy said:

Go back to curling will ya.    :p

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

Go back to curling will ya.    :p

id be flopping around the ice like a fish :laugh: