Little

Will my old blue truck pass inspection?

82 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, redfishkiller said:

don't get any better than that, brand new chevy and SC!

a little cherry pie and you'll have found nirvana!

Hog Heaven BBQ for lunch today is close!

Cabo

next time i do rear brakes i'm using the old drums and whichever two break shoes aren't as worn out! (one on each side never wears as bad as the other)

I can do it all, fuqr's.

And as for rotors, they're cheap today because they're little and they're little because cars are front wheel drive and they have rotors over hubs, back in the day your rotors were your hubs and you packed your bearings and races into the hubs and the rotors had your lug studs and they were usually vented. Hell, they used to have a core deposit on them. 

40 mins ago, Billybob said:

I can do it all, fuqr's.

And as for rotors, they're cheap today because they're little and they're little because cars are front wheel drive and they have rotors over hubs, back in the day your rotors were your hubs and you packed your bearings and races into the hubs and the rotors had your lug studs and they were usually vented. Hell, they used to have a core deposit on them. 

My front rotors are still a complete hub assembly. They still only cost 28 bucks a piece with the inner races installed. That's why I see no reason not to just replace them when I do a brake job. For 60 bucks ive got fresh rotors, new lug studs, new races, and can quickly check & repack my wheel bearings. 

Edited by Cfinnely68

3 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

don't get any better than that, brand new chevy and SC!

a little cherry pie and you'll have found nirvana!