Little

Will my old blue truck pass inspection?

82 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, bospa357 said:

I was recently cleaning out my garage and came across my old timing light. Wife says "throw that away" **** you! I might need it some day. :laugh: True story. It's still in the garage.

Drum brakes are super easy. Not as fast as changing disc brakes. Toyota Tacoma's still use rear drum brakes even on the newest models. Why? Because they last forever. I just did mine recently at 92k miles, but they didn't need it. I figured I had it all apart, might as well change them. 

Wifes Taco at 60 thou no decernable wear on rear pads, hmmm the closer I looked I found the emergency brake cable to tight and braking on the cable not the backing plate.

And don't you love that friggen lever for the emergency brake that always freezes up. Taco brake light on low fluid check and replace front pads it probably needs them.

48 mins ago, CapeDave said:

Wifes Taco at 60 thou no decernable wear on rear pads, hmmm the closer I looked I found the emergency brake cable to tight and braking on the cable not the backing plate.

And don't you love that friggen lever for the emergency brake that always freezes up. Taco brake light on low fluid check and replace front pads it probably needs them.

My E brake is a foot pedal, not lever. You must have a first Gen Taco.

27 mins ago, jmlandru said:

Blame the government for the rotor thing. Better gas mileage equals lighter cars. 

If that were true, you fell into their trap deep and hard with that Fiat. :laugh:

There are lots of easier ways to accomplish better gas mileage than giving us thin lightweight rotors Jim. My Tacoma gets an average of 20mpg city/highway. I have friends with full size trucks (ie; a lot heavier) that are getting better mileage than me (of course depending on their driving habits).

1 hour ago, CapeDave said:

Known issue on Toyota's for years from LOM. Not really an issue with periodic lubrication of levers/cables. At 200k+miles on my Tacoma,have never had this happen & still has original brake shoes...

I bought my Fiat after I sat in a dozen cars and it felt the best on my back. A car is a car. I don't regret it and the sound system kicks ass.

2 hours ago, Cabo2005 said:

Brand new Silverado I have this week in SC is getting around 20 mpg.  Nice ride but a very large truck, almost too big.

Cabo

don't get any better than that, brand new chevy and SC!

a little cherry pie and you'll have found nirvana!