Little

Will my old blue truck pass inspection?

82 posts in this topic

I bet there are fewer than 10 guys in this tavern capable of performing a drum brake job. And 10 is being very generous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can, but are old and getting lazy, and monetarily stable enough to let some kid shave all the skin off his knuckles, and wont do it, does that count?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pair of drum brake pliers costs about 15 dollars.... if you're skinning your knuckles on a brake job it's because you're a cheapskate. Therefore you cannot be monetarily stable! So no, it does not count!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mybeach said:

I bet there are fewer than 10 guys in this tavern capable of performing a drum brake job. And 10 is being very generous.

:wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mybeach said:

I bet there are fewer than 10 guys in this tavern capable of performing a drum brake job. And 10 is being very generous.

And at least1 guy who thought it might be OK to bury an elec box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Haven't done a drum brake job in years but I probably could now with you tube videos.  MA is now $35 per inspection.  They do the safety crap and plug it in for emissions if it isn't to old.  Totally new system this year which includes pictures of the automobile's exterior.  I think they are trying to get rid of the old green plates that 20+ years old and allow the user to not have a front plate.  My guy hates the new system as it takes forever.

Cabo  

Edited by Cabo2005

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, richie c said:

And at least1 guy who thought it might be OK to bury an elec box.

WRONG!!!!

 

I sought out the advice of my fellow SOLERs first.

 

I buried the ****er anyway, INSPECTION APPROVED! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the little spring pressing screw driver is about another $3.

 

So far, 2 guys have admitted to being capable. 

 

I did a drum brake job, last year, maybe 2 ago. FYI. ****ing Jeep. The Grand Cherokee (all but first gen) is the biggest piece of crap to ever roll off an assembly line.

 

Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mybeach said:

And the little spring pressing screw driver is about another $3.

 

So far, 2 guys have admitted to being capable. 

 

I did a drum brake job, last year, maybe 2 ago. FYI. ****ing Jeep. The Grand Cherokee (all but first gen) is the biggest piece of crap to ever roll off an assembly line.

 

Anyone else?

the hardest part of doing a brake job on my dearly departed 3500 was picking up them 800 lb tires and rim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mybeach said:

And the little spring pressing screw driver is about another $3.

 

So far, 2 guys have admitted to being capable. 

 

I did a drum brake job, last year, maybe 2 ago. FYI. ****ing Jeep. The Grand Cherokee (all but first gen) is the biggest piece of crap to ever roll off an assembly line.

 

Anyone else?

 

Dont forget the adjuster tool for those who don't own a flathead screwdriver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mybeach said:

WRONG!!!!

 

I sought out the advice of my fellow SOLERs first.

 

I buried the ****er anyway, INSPECTION APPROVED! 

 

 

I'm calling the county

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.