Little

Will my old blue truck pass inspection?

82 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Cfinnely68 said:

Wow... for once NJ isnt the worst at something. Your inspection process sounds awful.

They just give us a sticker now.  

22 mins ago, Cfinnely68 said:

Wow... for once NJ isnt the worst at something. Your inspection process sounds awful.

Jersey is still terrible.  Speaking of non-gender specific, you guys allowed to pump your own gas yet like real men?

5 mins ago, JaseB said:

Jersey is still terrible.  Speaking of non-gender specific, you guys allowed to pump your own gas yet like real men?

Good For You  

If I feel like pumping my gas I just do it, and I usually do.  Only one time did the guy say something to me so I told him to call the cops.  He walked away.  :shrug:  

27 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

They just give us a sticker now.  

My old blue truck doesn't even need a sticker anymore.

Little -  at one point did NH have a requirement that vehicle bodies ould not have rust holes in them and be inspected? My NH relatives told me that, but they were not particularly knowlegeable re: automobiles.

1 hour ago, Farflung said:

Little -  at one point did NH have a requirement that vehicle bodies ould not have rust holes in them and be inspected? My NH relatives told me that, but they were not particularly knowlegeable re: automobiles.

Correct.  No rusted holes in bodywork. Why?  I have no earthly idea.  Its an antique law that wont go away.  If you have a little hole, you can buy a walmart "bondo"kit plop it on the hole with a popsicle stick, and pass.

13 mins ago, Little said:

Correct.  No rusted holes in bodywork. Why?  I have no earthly idea.  Its an antique law that wont go away.  If you have a little hole, you can buy a walmart "bondo"kit plop it on the hole with a popsicle stick, and pass.

This was SO long ago. I lived in NOLA long enough that I got LA plates. The brake inspection was to drive about 10' from a stop. If it did, it passed.  :th:

I'm partly with you on body condition. I think a limit is reasonable. But those states that say something like no holes over 3" diameter. Ive considered that tribute to body shops. :shrug:

sound like the body shop lobby has been passing out some "campaign contributions"  to the legislature. 

4 hours ago, Cfinnely68 said:

In NJ it's to the point now that going anywhere for an inspection is a waste of time. For the computer reading,  a Bluetooth dongle and a cell phone is all that's needed.

Lights , wipers and horn in my state, takes 2 minutes some of that is scraping the old sticker off        oh and $ 13.00

nuffin here!

almost like a free country!

please stay where you are, our pizza sucks!! 

andno eyetallion restaurants!

2 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

nuffin here!

almost like a free country!

please stay where you are, our pizza sucks!! 

andno eyetallion restaurants!

But the sweet sweet sodomy more than makes up for the lack of pizza and restaurants with hair in the food!

15 hours ago, Terry Mac said:

please take it up the highest hill you can find and give mikemc the keys.....and let it roll straight off a cliff!!!!  :howdy:

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MickAff said:

Yes, thats the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Terry Mac