luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - December 2017

57 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Rocks&Reds said:

Hunter and I made our annual Christmas/day after fishing trip to the beach today and it was a good day, managed to pull several nice surprises out. Dont call it quits yet.

20171226_160557.jpg

20171226_150637.jpg

20171226_144955.jpg

20171226_134214.jpg

:th:

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, kingfisher2424 said:

Your due buddy! Can't wait to get a call saying you've landed a 40#'r.

Keep at it buddy boy!!!

put in a ton of WORK the past few weeks....a few near keepers but nothing like those 40#s the boat guys were trolling up within a mile from me...Frustrating to say the least..looks like this cold snap may kill the bite..putting up all the gear and well get at em in the spring bud.

7 hours ago, SteveZ said:

Tough ol' redhead!  Wish I was there with you...

I just have to get smarter or take a hint from Hunter, he was truck fishing sit in the warm truck and wait for the fish to bite. One of these days I'll learn.  Steve I wish you too, spring cant come soon enough.

very nice fish! Looks like Raystown Dam is gonna freeze this year. It is a large reservoir in central PA with hybrid stripers in it. Anyone have any ideas about getting stripers through the ice?

Posted (edited)

16 mins ago, NewWaveDave said:

very nice fish! Looks like Raystown Dam is gonna freeze this year. It is a large reservoir in central PA with hybrid stripers in it. Anyone have any ideas about getting stripers through the ice?

They have pure bred in there to and I believe that's where the state record is from.  With that said I know guys who fish there and blue marsh for both but with no ice.  I don't know anyone who fishes the ice at either place either though and ice fishing around here is pretty popular.

Edited by DerrickT

1 hour ago, Sand said:

Fish on the north end in the channel.  Drop a live trout if you can find any in one hole.  Jig in another. 

I fished Raystown years ago with a guide and we used live hatchery trout under balloons and caught several large stripers. It was in the spring no ice.

I hope the 2 brave guys on the VA side were rewarded Saturday for their  effort.  It was downright cold with that wind blowing.  Took the wife out for a drive all the way out to the end since she has never been down that side.  Can't believe how much it has flattened out and gotten alot wider in some spots that have been barely passable.  Hopefully some nice structure builds up between now and the spring.