JohnnySI

My take on the current status of the New York Football Giants

35 posts in this topic

Let me preface my post by saying I'll be 54 in a few weeks and I have been a Giant fan my entire life my family have been season ticket holders since the Yale Bowl ,2 yrs ago we gave up 8 of our 10 season tickets ,we've been gouged bounced around in the stadiums,and PSL'D to death,  but I always had a certain feeling about being a fan of a team that was considered in my eyes and many others as the class of the NFL but that feeling has been eroding for the last few years.  I believe the tone for almost everything is set at the top and I thought for along time that John Mara would fit well in his Dad's Wellington s shoes but the case is that he can't fill one with two of his feet.  Mr. Mara must be turning over in his grave after seeing His organization being run into the ground like this, after the mishandling of Tom Coughlin s departure to the Odell Beckham disgraceful bull****,to the cowardly excerpts of the Head coach  and now the dispicable treatment of a HOF quarterback who only exemplified what I thought it meant to be NY Giant .  John Mara is turning out to be another selfish greedy owner who has lost the human element that his Dad Wellington displayed to everyone from the hot dog guy to the trainer or to some fan or season ticket holder like me.  The major differences I think I see is Wellington Mara loved the Giants the game it's players and it's fans and I think John Mara loves being the owner of The Giants big difference in my eyes well he's getting his last 2 tickets back.........Johnny

There has to be a hierarchy within any organization, back office, coaching staff and among the players. The giants have been considered a well run org. It may seem like a minor detail, but when those veterans and young players took off to Florida during the playoff week & subsequently lost. I belive that single event, the participants attitude and how it was handled both internally and from a PR stand point- exposed the team that they had no control and a loss of hierarchy.

The continued antics by some, the unmoved actions by leaders in the face of it and no aggressive moves to improve the team in the off season .......is the recipe for a non championship team in my opinion.

welcome to mediocrity

33 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

you guys want josh mcdanials, yes?

I don't think Josh is going anywhere until brady retires or severely slow down - no matter what the money is

8 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

check your sources and get back to us, numbnuts.

I don't have to and yet anything is possible today, is that OK with you Ballsonchin?   :wave:

ill never get the OBJ hate.  the only people i know who feel the way you do about him, are all old farts.  look around the nfl and tell me how he is any different than the rest of the primadonna WRs currently playing, not named julio.

Posted (edited)

As an unbiased outsider, obj comes off as pretty much as whiney, maybe a little above average, but comes off as a complete homo. I think that's why. Other come as primadonna or even thuggish, he comes off as a straight up pickle smoocher. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

I too am a season ticket holder and also was going to games in the early 70's. The ONLY reason why I am holding onto my tickets is...

1. The tickets were signed over to me right before my father passed and it is the last thing that we had together.

2. I can sell them and make money. So, even if I hate what is going on (like this year), I can just sell them and not deal with it.

John Mara means well but he just is making poor decisions. First, Jerry Reese was a bad choice. Bringing in Ben McAdoo as OC may or may not have been John's decision but you know he had his hand in hiring him as the head coach. On Coughlin, he should have made him an active president over football operations. Basically... Reese's boss. The same job that Coughlin has in Jax right now.

The Giants have typically been conservative in their actions and reactions over what happens on the field. No knee jerk reactions. That is what you would expect from Cleveland. However, he has no choice now. The NFL is losing its fan base and the Giants now at a faster pace based upon what has transpired. He will go and find a new GM and a new head coach so he can "sell" renewed optimism back to the fan base. Anything short of that will spell disaster for the future of this franchise.

9 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

As an unbiased outsider, obj comes off as pretty much as whiney, maybe a little above average, but comes off as a complete homo. I think that's why. Other come as primadonna or even thuggish, he comes off as a straight up pickle smoocher. 

Isn't it known fact that he plays on the "other team" :eek:

3 hours ago, gobigblue said:

ill never get the OBJ hate.  the only people i know who feel the way you do about him, are all old farts.  look around the nfl and tell me how he is any different than the rest of the primadonna WRs currently playing, not named julio.

Great player but a cancer We had a guy like him a while ago another me me me guy Jeremy Shockley (he didnt get to stay around) & oh he doesn't have a ring.When a player doesn't care aboUT his actions hurting the team I have no use for him. Hence my point about the culture of the franchise going in the wrong direction but OBJ was just one of many issues they have .

6 hours ago, gobigblue said:

Ok I must qualify as an old fart, but hes a bit over the top and besides being a typical primadonna, he is very selfish, all about him, constantly yapping at the ref.  By all means I hope the giants sign him to the highest salary, which is what he wants, more than any QB. So go ahead an sign him for 25-30 million per year, it will be fun to watch going year after year 8-8,  6-10

19 hours ago, JohnnySI said:

Great player but a cancer We had a guy like him a while ago another me me me guy Jeremy Shockley (he didnt get to stay around) & oh he doesn't have a ring.When a player doesn't care aboUT his actions hurting the team I have no use for him. Hence my point about the culture of the franchise going in the wrong direction but OBJ was just one of many issues they have .

I think that Shockey got a ring with the Saints and caught a TD in the SB.