Guppy lures just online now??

Rate this topic

codfish

9 hours ago, rst3 said:

Yep. Chartreuse and green wavelengths also penetrate deep down in the water column. So a bass will still be able to see chartreuse on the canal bottom during the day, and not just muted grey (from red).

But while chartreuse is often recommended for standing out in waters with high turbidity (milkshake water) I found ..at least in some shallow Florida waters I fished with extreme turbidity.. that chartreuse baits looked completely washed out and were nearly invisible. What stood out best on the clouded up shallows of the flats one day were red & pink. Dark colors too.

I couldn't see chartreuse at all only 6" down, but red & pink remained visible in the crap water. FWIW.

thanks for sharing:)

On 2/8/2018 at 4:41 PM, b-ware said:

Five basic food groups............

DSC_0045.JPG

Bernie what is the float co efficiency on those molded plugs . What is the over all weight and length . When you stop working them do they sink complete or do they  show a little of the nose? Is the weight on more of the tail hook section,  or is it balanced between the middle hook and the tail hook? How many coats of clear will they have?

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Bernie what is the float co efficiency on those molded plugs . What is the over all weight and length . When you stop working them do they sink complete or do they  show a little of the nose? Is the weight on more of the tail hook section,  or is it balanced between the middle hook and the tail hook? How many coats of clear will they have?

Why don't you buy a few and find out yourself.........................

1 min ago, Sandbar1 said:

Where?

Canal B&T for one, don't know where you live but Klem's up in central mass has them and they will be at the RISAA show also.............

Those are the only shops that are open that have them now but it's still way early for shops to stock local products.

11 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

nice:)

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, b-ware said:

First of all, fish don't read menus before a meal, notice that those pencils all have a white bottom, that's all a fish needs to see, second, the action of a pencil is what attracts a fish and then instinct tell it to kill and eat............color really is not that important.  ..............

Bernie....if as you say, color really is not that important, why are you selling different colored plugs?  

3 hours ago, codfish said:

nice:)

Cod fish understanding that foam or plastic plugs usually have a faster drop rate then wood It was a question I was hoping to be answered. The formula can be used  F =   L X W in grams 

-------------------------------------------- Plus density of material used divided by the co efficient number which eludes me at this time. Wood as every one knows has a higher float number then most molded plugs . In some cases where the weight is distributed and how along the length in some cases will effect the casting ability and once it hits the water how fast it will sink . The faster it sinks the more it takes to control when you need to stop the flight and began working it. This was explained to many  years ago by a well known plug builder that made both wood and molded foam plugs and unfortunately, I can not recall all of the formula to calculate its float rate, other then placing one in the water and time how fast it sinks once it hits the water.   Plugs made from plastic of foam have different float characteristics and it was my hope that an answer would be forthcoming by some one who may be selling them as being manufactured here in the USA . The plug will work beneath the surface , can it get up fast enough to be also worked on the surface. I thought it was an appropriate question and that is why I posted it.    

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal