codfish

Guppy lures just online now??

141 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2018 at 1:24 PM, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

White base,greenish top with mac stripes.

Big  plug

20180113_162329.jpg

Are both of those pluggs Guppy lures??

I will support online sales as well as local shops. I will miss the convenience of needing to replace a lost plug immediately when fishing is hot. I may then buy a substitute.

But I have come to rely on a few choice plugs that maybe be more psychological confidence inspired.

Guppies are one and became that for me due to availability. They are excellent build, and while many others work as well, it's the durability of paint finish that justify price. That being said, Guppies and Left Hooks are good, but not the best finishes I have seen. By far the best finishes go to Don at After Hours, strictly online custom made ordered.

So, this online sales choice now becomes more of an issue, who would you rather wait for a lure from?

Not sure After Hours are still available, I know he ramped down. But my point is, any fine online custom builder can again compete due to the lost retail market of Guppies. 

Any less expensive, high production plugs such as Gibbs will do better as well for the " got to have it now " crowd.

I wish Guppies business well, I think the age of internet sales can be a very successful one if they capitalize on all sources of streaming information. 

49 mins ago, codfish said:

Are both of those pluggs Guppy lures??

No i just laid it next to that swimmer for size comparison 

23 hours ago, surf runner said:

Many of the SOL members have been a big part of our growth over the past 16 years. I want to thank everyone for their positive comments and some not so positive. There is always room for improvement in this business. Whether you agree or disagree this is the direction I have chosen to go,  

The online store will open the end of January and I have posted a list of the shows we are attending on our Facebook page.

As far as the Casting Demo go please let me know where and when. Sounds like a great time.

Thank you for your support.

Wayne Hess

Guppy Lures

A post full of class 

Thumbs u!

9 hours ago, FishRatz said:

I will support online sales as well as local shops. I will miss the convenience of needing to replace a lost plug immediately when fishing is hot. I may then buy a substitute.

But I have come to rely on a few choice plugs that maybe be more psychological confidence inspired.

Guppies are one and became that for me due to availability. They are excellent build, and while many others work as well, it's the durability of paint finish that justify price. That being said, Guppies and Left Hooks are good, but not the best finishes I have seen. By far the best finishes go to Don at After Hours, strictly online custom made ordered.

So, this online sales choice now becomes more of an issue, who would you rather wait for a lure from?

Not sure After Hours are still available, I know he ramped down. But my point is, any fine online custom builder can again compete due to the lost retail market of Guppies. 

Any less expensive, high production plugs such as Gibbs will do better as well for the " got to have it now " crowd.

I wish Guppies business well, I think the age of internet sales can be a very successful one if they capitalize on all sources of streaming information. 

I think afterhours is ramping up a new shop.

I agree.....best Finnish, plugs work!