Finally! "Flat earthers" are starting to commit suicide.

Rate this topic

Cfinnely68

25 mins ago, Cfinnely68 said:

Looks like its postponed until next week... aparently the FAA wouldnt sign off on his suicide so he's moving the launch to private property. 

Now, that's disappointing.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

On 11/23/2017 at 6:58 PM, HugeDinghy said:

What's the basis of it? Do they not believe in gravity or some chit? 

I'm not a flat earther, but I had the misfortune of debating some. They believe density, not gravity, keeps stuff on the surface of the earth. They also believe the earth is plate shaped, with a wall of ice around the perimeter. The stars are not stars, either...just visible objects beyond the firmament. I was added to a FB page run by a prominent FE'r, when I brought up well-established theories like the moon effecting tides, I was told I was conditioned by the illuminati (via NASA) to believe that stuff.

52 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

I'm not a flat earther, but I had the misfortune of debating some. They believe density, not gravity, keeps stuff on the surface of the earth. They also believe the earth is plate shaped, with a wall of ice around the perimeter. The stars are not stars, either...just visible objects beyond the firmament. I was added to a FB page run by a prominent FE'r, when I brought up well-established theories like the moon effecting tides, I was told I was conditioned by the illuminati (via NASA) to believe that stuff.

He's saying tuesday is the new launch date. I couldn't understand his rationale but somehow launching from private property will avoid the pesky government and their "rules" that blocked him from launching on public property today. Im pretty sure the faa will shut him down again... I'm hoping he goes all astronaut farmer and launches anyway. 

Edited by Cfinnely68

The ROCKET and the Song

I shot an rocket into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the rocket, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Maybe his wife is really annoying and this was this poor guys far flung project he started working on in the garage just to get away from her. She kept yappin and sayin it’s never gonna work Harold! You don’t know what you’re doing Harold!! Come in and blah blah blah. This dude just said f it no Jean I’m working on my project. This went on for some years, now it’s reached the end game.