I need a few volunteers to help find this malicious ad

Rate this topic

TimS

We are trying to find out where that malicious popup is coming from - I need some volunteers :read: 

If you are browsing the site for the next couple hours or so with an iPhone or iPad - I have a special theme set up with the ad tags that have twice allowed the malicious popup through. If you don't mind changing themes and aren't ascared of a popup...let me know in this thread and I'll put you in the group with access to the "test" skin :)

All I need you to do is use that skin while perusing/participating here - and let me know if you see the popup. You can change skins back after that so you won't see it again. The ad folks think they can nail down the source this way....

So...show of hands...who's feeling like helping out :wave:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

1 min ago, Wigeon said:

In.

Excellent, thank you - I've added you to the new group - please choose the skin from "Themes" titled help_me_find_bad_ad :th:

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

17 mins ago, TimS said:

We are trying to find out where that malicious popup is coming from - I need some volunteers :read: 

If you are browsing the site for the next couple hours or so with an iPhone or iPad - I have a special theme set up with the ad tags that have twice allowed the malicious popup through. If you don't mind changing themes and aren't ascared of a popup...let me know in this thread and I'll put you in the group with access to the "test" skin :)

All I need you to do is use that skin while perusing/participating here - and let me know if you see the popup. You can change skins back after that so you won't see it again. The ad folks think they can nail down the source this way....

So...show of hands...who's feeling like helping out :wave:

TimS

english please

If you are ugly you are ugly. Stop talking about inner beauty because we don't walk around with X-rays. ---   Robert Mugabe

Just now, Wigeon said:

Scroll down to the bottom left and click theme and change it to the help me find this ad thing and let him know here if you get a pop up 

He can't - the theme isn't public, I don't want anyone getting that popup that isn't expecting to see it. If he wants to help I'll add him to the group that can use the skin where you might see the popup :)

Ok, im in. Ipad. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

Done, my confirmation will just be the letter X. Last time they kept locking me up faster than i could type a word. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

1 min ago, Terry Mac said:

Done, my confirmation will just be the letter X. Last time they kept locking me up faster than i could type a word. 

T it should save your text when you get back to the thread. 

It it saves my curses last night. 

1 min ago, Wigeon said:

T it should save your text when you get back to the thread. 

It it saves my curses last night. 

10-4 Wig.