Gear Heads Tranx or Lexa?

Rate this topic

mike3dr

I was in the midst of posting a thread yesterday and got side tracked.  Kind of along the lines of the tsunami shield update thread.

Mainly because in the past weak I've had a pair of gents from overseas send me images of the insides of their reels suffering water damage.  (was brought up after the curado video i posted where I had tons of water inside)

I haven't  had any issues with the 400 in the vid or the 300.  

I like the lexa almost as much as the tranx.  I like the fit and finish and refinement of the tranx.  But the casting versatiliy really is nice on the lexa.

can't go wrong with either imho.  

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

48 mins ago, mike3dr said:

In the process of getting the Tranx 300. Sudsy likes the Lexa, and you like the Tranx. Anybody want to break the tie?

I have not fished or held a tranx.

when I saw the lexa 400 LP being large,I went to feel one and bought it from my friends bait shop.

fished it that night,loved it and went back the next day and bought another one.

they do what I say do and that's what I want,I couldn't go wrong.

lots of power and I have locked big gators in current and made them turn and it was easy.

now after fishing them for 2 seasons I feel the same as when they were new and so do they.

as for the openings where the thumb bar is,,I like that,they allow water to run out and when you stand them up of in a rod holder the water runs out.

easy to rinse them out too,just let freshwater run inside those same holes and then stand it it up and it runs dry.

those same holes could allow sand inside but,for me that's not a concern,I don't run the sand anymore just rivers.

so,thats my $1.50.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

1 hour ago, mike3dr said:

In the process of getting the Tranx 300. Sudsy likes the Lexa, and you like the Tranx. Anybody want to break the tie?

I like the Tranx as much as the Lexa

What I don't like about the Tranx is the price

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

I have thrown the Lexa and actually ordered one over a year ago (lefty), but got a little pissed when the line capacity that was listed was nowhere near what I could actually get on the reel so I turned it back.  Specs said it would take 300 yds of 55 braid on it and we could not pack 275 of 50 on there.   This was before they came out with the Tranx 401 so I just went back to using my Avets.  Then the 401 finally hit the market and I grabbed it.... could not possibly be happier.  I got the AHG and it is greasy fast (7.6:1) but still has plenty of cranking power for bottom fishing and took the 275 yds of 50 that was listed on the specs.  Have used it for flounder, seabass, tog, casted for Mahi off the pots and will use it for Reds and Grouper this winter.  IMHO.... totally worth the coin...

Edited by fmtuna

2 hours ago, fmtuna said:

I have thrown the Lexa and actually ordered one over a year ago (lefty), but got a little pissed when the line capacity that was listed was nowhere near what I could actually get on the reel so I turned it back.  Specs said it would take 300 yds of 55 braid on it and we could not pack 275 of 50 on there.   This was before they came out with the Tranx 401 so I just went back to using my Avets.  Then the 401 finally hit the market and I grabbed it.... could not possibly be happier.  I got the AHG and it is greasy fast (7.6:1) but still has plenty of cranking power for bottom fishing and took the 275 yds of 50 that was listed on the specs.  Have used it for flounder, seabass, tog, casted for Mahi off the pots and will use it for Reds and Grouper this winter.  IMHO.... totally worth the coin...

Problem with daiwa reels.....and I think it's changing.   They rated braid cap by samurai braid.  Which 55 is the equivalent of most 30s.

The 4k saltiga say 320 of 40....I barely fit 300 of 30 spiderwire.

I think that is changing a bit though.  But whenever I see 55lb in the rating.  I know it's being measured with a thinner closer to abs rated line

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims