bido

LL Bean Warranty

44 posts in this topic

How are they on warranty?

Got some Grey Ghost boots maybe 3 years old. No receipt, no nothing.  

Lace hooks popping off left and right.  Washed them every outing. These boots just weren't made for salt. 

image.jpeg

Returned a pair of waders that were 2 years old with no receipt due to buying them online. They exchanged them for a new pair with no problems. Great warranty. 

Yesterday I brought back a pair of waders that were leaking.  I bought them last year.. No receipt.  They gave me store credit which was fine since I could use the credit online or in their store.  I purchased new waders with the store credit.  Not a problem at all.  

Beans return policy is changing, without a receipt and no history of purchasing in their system they will only pay the lowest sale price for the item with a gift card. Too many people were purchasing items at thrift stores and returning them to Beans.

I would suspect 90% or better purchases with a credit card so there should be a record of purchase. We use their card which gets you free return shipping, also noticed they request if you donate there merchandise that you cut out or blackout their label.

Returned my waders a few weeks back and they sent me a brand new upgraded pair, no questions asked.....the best return policy ever.

Posted (edited)

Don't abuses it, so we don't all lose it. They're great.

Lou T

Edited by Lou T

13 hours ago, bido said:

How are they on warranty?

Got some Grey Ghost boots maybe 3 years old. No receipt, no nothing.  

Lace hooks popping off left and right.  Washed them every outing. These boots just weren't made for salt. 

image.jpeg

What do you expect?

17 hours ago, Lou T said:

What do you expect?

If he felt they honestly should be replaced under warranty, this thread wouldn't even exist. It would make far more sense to ask llbean. I suspect threads like this make it easier to not feel guilty of taking advantage of a good thing.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:28 AM, littletunnie said:

Beans return policy is changing, without a receipt and no history of purchasing in their system they will only pay the lowest sale price for the item with a gift card. Too many people were purchasing items at thrift stores and returning them to Beans.

when ordering online the transaction is in their system. you shouldn't need a receipt. buying from the stores, then yes you will probably need to keep the receipt. (i keep all of the receipts for any fishing purchase over $100).

Ll bean stands behind their products.  They are usually high quality .  I had a car hart  jacket that a snap pulled out. They would not warranty it. Yeah offers me 10% coupon for another jacket.   After much complaining they sent me a small bag of snaps to fix it myself.  Llbean wold have just replaced it no questions.   No more Carhartt for me