JohnP

Pop up bug

65 posts in this topic

There are threads in just about every forum for this right now - I found and removed the ad that was causing it - but that doesn't stop it from "running" - clear your browser cache, then without clicking anything else, restart your browser. 

The ironic part...the ad network that let this trash through gave me a wonderful song and dance about their approval process before they would "allow" me to display their ads...and the very first day this garbage gets through :mad:

TimS

22 hours ago, TimS said:

There are threads in just about every forum for this right now - I found and removed the ad that was causing it - but that doesn't stop it from "running" - clear your browser cache, then without clicking anything else, restart your browser. 

The ironic part...the ad network that let this trash through gave me a wonderful song and dance about their approval process before they would "allow" me to display their ads...and the very first day this garbage gets through :mad:

TimS

I’ve tried everything, this is only occurring on this site and on my iPhone.

cleared all history, cookies etc, have it the latest upgrade but it literally prevents me surfing this site

I haven’t been online at all today - just clearing cookies and stufff doesn’t do it - your browser needs to be shut down and restarted before it can load again. It could also have hijacked the link you use to get to the site - next time, clear your cache, close your browser. Start the browser and then type www.stripersonline.com into your browser rather than clicking a link or bookmark. If that fixes it, save a new bookmark. 

Im going to do some looking around to see how to stop it on iphones. I’ve never heard of it persisting on iphones, only Android stuff.

12 mins ago, TimS said:

I haven’t been online at all today - just clearing cookies and stufff doesn’t do it - your browser needs to be shut down and restarted before it can load again. It could also have hijacked the link you use to get to the site - next time, clear your cache, close your browser. Start the browser and then type www.stripersonline.com into your browser rather than clicking a link or bookmark. If that fixes it, save a new bookmark. 

Im going to do some looking around to see how to stop it on iphones. I’ve never heard of it persisting on iphones, only Android stuff.

No help with above suggestions

Just now, wasy said:

No help with above suggestions

It just happened to me, first time ever, on my iPhone - agreed, none of those things helped. That means it's still getting through some how...I'm eliminating possible sources now.....

I am eager to speak with the advertising network that allowed those popups to get through :mad:

TimS

i just checked this forum to see if it’s happening to anyone else. It won’t stop, It’s come up 3 times so far and you have to close the whole screen and reopen the website. 

1 hour ago, Big Will said:

i just checked this forum to see if it’s happening to anyone else. It won’t stop, It’s come up 3 times so far and you have to close the whole screen and reopen the website. 

Yep

iPhone, Safari, IOS 11.2.2

getting pop-up every few minutes. Have to close window and open a new one

8F26846F-F1B4-4F57-BF66-5B7B78052191.png.64687ce13e92848cc1de8e562a889adf.png