Non Partisan Al Franken Discussion.....

Rate this topic

fishnmagician

10 mins ago, saltydawg said:

lol...never mind. If you don't care to read the victim's account of the incident, then you are choosing to judge it without knowledge. 

if you don't want to (or can't) have a rational discussion on this, then it's on you.

I asked you want you deem the "right side of the issue" to be.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

if you don't want to (or can't) have a rational discussion on this, then it's on you.

I asked you want you deem the "right side of the issue" to be.

Did you read the victim's account? All of my conclusions are based upon that. If you refuse to read it--and I cannot imagine why you would choose not to--then what are we discussing? The photo in a vacuum?

-

Just now, saltydawg said:

Did you read the victim's account? All of my conclusions are based upon that. If you refuse to read it--and I cannot imagine why you would choose not to--then what are we discussing? The photo in a vacuum?

your language is pretty charged..... "victim". 

I perused the first couple paragraphs... the story involves rehearsing for a skit and has nothing to do with the picture.

so to a degree we are discussing the photo in a vacuum,

because many are claiming the photo alone requires consequences.

but why not try to state what your opinion is, and if you cite a portion of the story I can read it if necessary.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Just now, saltydawg said:

Lol

Since her article describes the photo incident, and I read the article, I am not discussing it in a vacuum. 

so don't

feel free to discuss it.

It always amazes me how much energy you will expend to avoid taking a clear position.....

you will IMPLY you have one,

you just never state it.

you claim there is a right side to this issue,

you just won't say what it is.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

so don't

feel free to discuss it.

It always amazes me how much energy you will expend to avoid taking a clear position.....

you will IMPLY you have one,

you just never state it.

you claim there is a right side to this issue,

you just won't say what it is.

I am discussing my position. Your position is that the photo could be funny. I told you to read her account of it...is it still funny? I didn't see any humor. 

Edited by saltydawg

-

40 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

but ultimately the only opinion that matters is that of the woman in the picture.

they could be LONG time friends,

but if she isn't amused by the pic, then it's not funny. and would be some sort of sexual harassment.

8 mins ago, saltydawg said:

. Your position is that the photo could be funny. I told you to read her account of it...is it still funny? I didn't see any humor. 

do you intentionally NOT read my posts in order to present my positions with a false pretense?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15