HugeDinghy

turkeyless thanksgiving

108 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

HAm is for breakfast

Well maybe for you people who think Taylor ham is ham.

Real ham, Country Ham is a the pinnacle of cured meats.   A good ham biscuit is every bit as important to a fitting thanksgiving dinner as the turkey.

And Dingy, you've got the smoker going, toss a turkey breast or the very minimum a couple of pterodactyl looking turkey drumsticks on the smoker.

2016Ham.jpg

7 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Amazing what a bottle of whiskey and few dollars can do.

Look at what it does to Red! :naughty:

5 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

point of order. taylor ham is those jersey pukes.

That's right, ham is ham here. 

10 mins ago, JaseB said:

Well maybe for you people who think Taylor ham is ham.

Real ham, Country Ham is a the pinnacle of cured meats.   A good ham biscuit is every bit as important to a fitting thanksgiving dinner as the turkey.

And Dingy, you've got the smoker going, toss a turkey breast or the very minimum a couple of pterodactyl looking turkey drumsticks on the smoker.

2016Ham.jpg

you do make a good ham, I'll give you that.

I had some nice eye tye rosemary ham for lunch.

2 hours ago, Belmo said:

I used to -- and I swear I am not making this up -- go to Hollywood Park on Thanksgiving Day. They had an early post: it was like 10 or 11 am, so they could get in 8 races for us degenerates, and then we could go do turkey. It was the beginning of the Hollywood Park Autumn Turf Festival, and it was glorious. 

I remember one year I made some money on Thanksgiving Day -- not a ton, but a few Cs -- and on the way to the turkey thing at my girlfriend's place in Redondo Beach, I stopped by the liquor store and splurged on three or four bottles of good hooch, Mumm brut, IIRC.

I miss my degenerate days sometimes. 

Was at opening day at Suffolk Downs a few years back (Derby Day too if I recall). Got the last open face turkey sandwich at the spread and laughed at all my buddies eating cardboard pizza. 

After the track we went to a Celtics playoff game, think against Atlanta 2008, and my friend asks me if I want a beer. Said no (this was a shocking development) and he looks closes and says “Yer supposed to be wearing green, not look green”. 

I think they servered up a nag they put down earlier. 

(Celts won). 

32 mins ago, Billybob said:

That's right, ham is ham here. 

Is it sweet, like Mash's ham?  Salty?  What kind of ham you got BB?

32 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I would like to try that Edwards and sons ham from down by jase....

Dayum.  Had to look it up. Like 3 hours away.   $15 bucks a pound.   $260 for a whole ham.  What the hell am I doing.  I could be living LARGE.

5 mins ago, JaseB said:

Dayum.  Had to look it up. Like 3 hours away.   $15 bucks a pound.   $260 for a whole ham.  What the hell am I doing.  I could be living LARGE.

For that price that ham better grant you super powers or something.

ham and biscuits, when the biscuits are still warm :drool:

good ham is like crack  - put it in a salad, Banh Mi, boeuf bourgignon ete etc whatever.

we get ours from the German butcher, Lothar in Leesburg on the way down or back.