Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave588

MassDOT has screwed up rt 9

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

They closed at least one more lane than they need right before 495. 

They have one lane just for DOT vehicles. I followed dot f150 (1 occupant, no equipment) thru cones right up to last closure before 495. 

Verizon is only pulling wires under road. No actual road work.

if dot only rides around with contractors working, why do they have state vehicles?

i could see major cost savings just closing up dot and letting contractors maintain roads. Mass has highest cost per distance on roads in country.

Edited by Dave588

Posted (edited)

I live in Westborough. The work on 9 is painful

Edited by ged

Every time I visit Eastern Ma I'm horrified by the traffic. With a sis and nephews in Natick and an elderly mom in Brookline I end up that way frequently… and somehow always at the wrong times.

Had to "zip" to home depot for me mum recently.. shoulda taken 20 min round trip but took over two hours. 

I honestly don't know how y'all do it. 

This lane closure was just to create overtime. Soon we will have constant salting for overtime. 

They need less overtime and more oversight.

2 hours ago, SkunkLuvver said:

Every time I visit Eastern Ma I'm horrified by the traffic. With a sis and nephews in Natick and an elderly mom in Brookline I end up that way frequently… and somehow always at the wrong times.

Had to "zip" to home depot for me mum recently.. shoulda taken 20 min round trip but took over two hours. 

I honestly don't know how y'all do it. 

Imagine how much global warming is created not only by 18 vehicles that are only there for flashing lights but 40 mile backup and there's nothing happening in closed lane. 

Unnecessary paid details and unnecessary overtime are growth industries in Mass.:squid:

The state will start salting at 40 degrees, polluting at will. When there's no fish hatchery for all polluted water, they will just point at commercial fisherman.

It's hosed again. Left lane blocked by cones for no reason. Verizon truck in middle lane for open manhole. Two police vehicles where one sawhorse would suffice. No massdot vehicles today. 

no signs to use breakdown lane. 

3 lanes blocked at 495 entrance for one middle lane vehicle.