albacized

Any here have a good season, but still feel some....

21 posts in this topic

...level of regret because you know you left some opportunities on the table? Let's hear your stories:-)

I always regret not fishing enough areas! Have a hard time moving to areas I am unfamiliar with when the ones I do fish have been good to me. Also regret not fishing more in June and July up here in ME. Fall run was a struggle. Not many big fish. Got me 3 over 40 throughout the season but know I could have got a couple more if I pushed more early. Oh well. Next year

I was very happy with my season,no regrets. 

I balanced family, fishing ,work.

Caught and realeased some impressive fish.

I'm still fishing the south. 

Pretty much my 'complaint' as well...three complaints, all false albacore related. 1) I neglected the run of big bass in the canal because of bonito/false albacore, 2)once albies were around and we had to dance around a couple of storms and related swell, i took the safe route and fished places where (On one hand), I almost never got skunked by albies, but I skipped the hot spots where a skunk may have been more likely, but banner double digit days were a better possibility, and 3) I pretty much missed the land lock salmon run since the albies hung out so long

Great year in so many ways. I did well in getting out with my fishing buddy for some epic days and lunches at Leo’s. I’m still learning. But, my family always comes first and that will never change. No regrets other than the season coming to a close.

Fished the canal 8 times during the epic 7 week span. Had 30 fish over 40" one day. Had another day with 20 legal fish over 40". Landed a 48" fish that same day. 

Local guys say its the best it was in the last 35 years, and we will likely never see it like that again.

Should have gone every day during that stretch...

1 hour ago, xjclint said:

Fished the canal 8 times during the epic 7 week span. Had 30 fish over 40" one day. Had another day with 20 legal fish over 40". Landed a 48" fish that same day. 

Local guys say its the best it was in the last 35 years, and we will likely never see it like that again.

Should have gone every day during that stretch...

Completely off topic and I apologize but did you sell the ultegra? I am interested

39 mins ago, NJFish85 said:

Completely off topic and I apologize but did you sell the ultegra? I am interested

The longcast. Not yet. Still on the BST.

No regrets ! Lost a few nice size fish due too stupid mistakes, but lessons definitely learned..ready to get busy next season !!

Fall has sucked compared to last year. A couple of good days. One epic day. Last year the North Fork had epic weeks. This year no bait.

^^^

Me too.... this year was nothing compared to last year

Posted (edited)

100% cape shore guy. Spring was epic for me. Although I typically avoid the canal, I did enjoy the epic canal blitz for a couple days and released many very nice fish.

Fall run was a pretty good as well.  Almost daily I fished a new spot close to my usual and killed it. Lots of big fish released. I learned a lot about where the fish stack up during different tide stages. Although this fall was good it doesn't come close to the chaos I had the last 2 seasons. 

And as I do every fall, I always lose a couple huge fish. You can’t land em all I guess. 

Edited by Chemikillz

had a good season but,miss those gators,,not many around and very few large.

HH

I don't see how anyone that fishes from the sand in NJ from Sandy Hook to Beach Haven could be satisfied with this year. For instance, until this last week, there were more fish on Mars than on our beaches for all of September and October. The spring was meh, I just don't see how folks in NJ could be positive about the surf fishing we now have.